Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

t-rex animation problem again
Old
kylefwlr

Default t-rex animation problem again - 11-14-2009, 12:25 PM

I can make the leg revert back to its start position with the set pose but that really messes up the tail animation when it gets reset in the middle of the loop, is there a way i can exclude the tail and other animated parts from being reset. I've tryed only setting the pose of the leg but it doesn't go back to its pose relative to the main body part just undoes all the movements from the main leg part down.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 11-14-2009, 02:07 PM

Exactly what's the problem? Did you put in a half-loop animation for the tail as well as the legs? (Notice in my example, the chicken starts out by turning it's legs a half turn so that it can start looping full turns afterwards. This prevents the legs from turning outside their range while the key is held, or from turning unrealistically).

(')>

Old
kylefwlr

Default 11-16-2009, 09:32 AM

i think i've fixed it for the most part, instead of having the tail looping all the time i just put it in the while key is pressed event so it doesn't mess up on a reset pose after the walking stops. would there be anyway to get rid of the delays in do in order things and switching to a new loop, not really sure how to word it i guess but i have my animation move it's legs twice just for a better effect of not dragging his feet but it lags between them

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 11-16-2009, 02:58 PM

I'd have to see your code, but it's probably because you put the tail's loop in the same event and the tail's animation has a larger duration than the leg motions. Like this:

Do together
T-rex rightLeg turn forward .15 revolutions .25 seconds
T-rex leftLeg turn backward .15 revolutions .25 seconds
T-rex tail turn left .2 revolutions .4 seconds

Because the tail animations take the longest, the legs will turn, but then freeze for .15 seconds while the tail finishes animating because this code tells Alice to do all three actions at the same time, but also not to do anything else until all three actions are complete.

(')>

Old
kylefwlr

Default 11-16-2009, 06:00 PM

alright i've uploaded the code so far, actually working out a game from it just as a personal project for practice so there's some extra stuff but all the t-rex animation methods are under his main object
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Trex.a2w (1.98 MB, 9 views)