Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Objects

Model Request
Old
Nickto1414

Exclamation Model Request - 10-18-2009, 08:42 PM

okay i need a penguin with a black trench coat and sun glasses and if possible a black Mohawk lol strange i know but i need it for my game, he is suppose to be an anarchist penguin.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-18-2009, 10:25 PM

If I was you, I'd try and modify the provided penguin by giving it the coat that come with the cowboy, then trying to make a mohawk with shapes or from one of the human models (not sure if any of the human models has a mohawk, but it doesn't hurt to check).

I say this because the model would have to be created specially in a model-editor such as blender otherwise.

Old
Nickto1414

Default 10-19-2009, 05:57 PM

okay can i save the model in alice that has the mohawk and coat on it or do i haveto remake it every time i want to make one?

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-20-2009, 01:37 AM

Well.......

I've been experimenting with Alice for a long time and have found some.....potentially dangerous but interesting methods of getting around Alice's inability to combine models. There is way you can import the model and all its parts into different worlds, but you'll have to do some strange things, some of which may freeze Alice or mess up one or both of the worlds (though I've tested it a few times and nothing bad has happened so far, and it IS ultimately easier than re-making it every time). Would you like me to tell you what to do?

Last edited by x2495iiii; 10-20-2009 at 01:49 AM.

Old
Nickto1414

Default 10-20-2009, 03:28 PM

sure lol

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-20-2009, 04:07 PM

Alright then:

-First create the model. I recommend deleting the parts of the cowboy you don't need (the ones that aren't connected to the jacket, like his legs and head) to shrink the file down. Make sure the coat and mohawk are properly vehicled to the penguin.

-Delete the ground, the light, and the camera (it will tell you not to delete the camera, ignore this) and rename the world object "world2."

-Save the file as a .a2w file, then copy it

-Change the extension of the copy of the .a2w file to .a2c (see what we're doing here? We're going to fool Alice into thinking that the whole world is a class object)

-Import it into the world in which you'd like the model to be in. You should see a new object called world2 and all of your objects underneath it.

-Drag each object from underneath the world2 object to just above it so that they are with the other objects in the main world. As you do, you should notice that as you place an object properly, it suddenly appears in the main world.

-Make sure to change any vehicles from world2 to the entire world

-Finally, delete the (now empty) world2 object and save your main world. The model(s) with all vehicles, properties, and placements should be there

Old
Nickto1414

Default 10-20-2009, 04:13 PM

sweet thx

Old
noahx23

Default 12-22-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
Well.......

I've been experimenting with Alice for a long time and have found some.....potentially dangerous but interesting methods of getting around Alice's inability to combine models. There is way you can import the model and all its parts into different worlds, but you'll have to do some strange things, some of which may freeze Alice or mess up one or both of the worlds (though I've tested it a few times and nothing bad has happened so far, and it IS ultimately easier than re-making it every time). Would you like me to tell you what to do?
i tried what you said but every time the world would say that the objects were there but i couldn't see them anywhere.

Old
Delpenator

Default 12-23-2009, 03:51 PM

Couldn't you just have saved the model once you made you finished it and import it into every world you use it in?

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-23-2009, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahx23 View Post
i tried what you said but every time the world would say that the objects were there but i couldn't see them anywhere.
Theyll be invisible until you delete the imported "world" object.

And no, you can't save it as a class because you can't merge objects in Alice. Sorry.

(')>