Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-31-2009, 07:17 PM

Actually, that was what I had at first, essentially (except I also had a method that made the gun turn to face the mouse cursor when the world started). I used that cruddy "cone2 move left/right" stuff after I realised that the first one gets off center if you move the mouse around too quickly. That's the problem I was hoping you guys could solve. Thanks anyway, though.

As for the model, there are models in the gallery that are about the same size (like one of the dragons in the Medieval section), so though it IS big, it's not unreasonably so. It all depends on what your needs are. For example, there was a really creative kid from my old high school who wanted to make a super smash brothers movie, and he actaually was very good at making models from simple shapes, but it made anitmation very difficult. If I were to get that model's parts working, it would help him out wonderfully.

(')>

Old
Dameria

Default 10-31-2009, 07:28 PM

Oh ok, its just that I saw some other variables that kind of made it turn slow, so I just erased everything and did that. Is there a way that you can make it so that when the rolling pin moves, it makes the mouse go to the middle again? If you could do that then it wouldn't go so fast or off target, and it would make everything so much easier, they should add that into Alice 3.0.
Or maybe when the mouse moves to a certain point, it makes the point at which the mouse would turn the camera the other way, there. I might work on this tomorrow, but probably not until Monday because I still have to do 2 essays due Monday and don't have any time tomorrow!!!

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-31-2009, 07:47 PM

I already made a very nice "Camera follow the mouse" type method based on the calibration method in that world, the best part of which is the fact that it turns with speed relative to the exact pixel amount which you move the mouse. I'm not sure about the object following method, though. I told you, I pretty much gave up on it, and I only give up on something like that if all of the ideas I've put into it haven't given me any progress whatsoever.

(')>

Last edited by x2495iiii; 11-05-2009 at 02:42 AM.

Old
xxledzeppelin2x3

Default 11-01-2009, 04:54 PM

are you working on a 4.0? or have you not any bugs to fix or any ideas to improve the game?

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 11-01-2009, 05:50 PM

Working on it right now, actually. And I have lots of ideas, but I'm still trying to decide which to include and which to put on hold.

I have, however, added a bunch of cool stuff to the game already. So far:

-3 new weapons, 1 upgraded weapon (4 total)

-3 new powers, 2 weapon powers (5 total)

-The beginning of the class system

I've also been preparing models for use in my game and for Alice in general, like the one I posted earlier.

(')>

Old
xxledzeppelin2x3

Default 11-01-2009, 05:53 PM

ohhh that's sweet, i've been busy working on my game skateboard 3.0 , which you saw a long time ago when i had a question on it but im looking to add new things. I can't wait to play the newest resident penguin! I was playing it earlier and it is amazing! It is the first alice written game i have played that is actually fun to play!

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 11-01-2009, 07:06 PM

Thanks! By the way, I have ideas for 5 classes now, meaning at least 10 new attacks/powers/weapons to use. So far no one has commented on that. Is it a good idea to include classes in the game, or would you guys rather have something else?

(')>

Old
Dameria

Default 11-01-2009, 07:13 PM

Classes do sound like a fun idea, but how much lag/mb will it be worth? If it make the game lag more than it was at version 2, then I don't know. It does sound like a good idea though.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 11-01-2009, 07:28 PM

I only use low polygon models, and I haven't added any infinity loops (the main cause of lag in RP2), so it should be okay (filesize is 8.03mb right now, by the way).

There were a few 20000+ models I thought would be cool in the world, but are unnecessary.

(')>

Old
madden

Default 11-02-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
And it's done! This is the most I've ever worked on a project, so I really do hope you guys enjoy it. It's HUGE though, so you may want to close your internet connection while you play, to free up processor power.

Another trick I've found helpful is playing the world, then doing few things (like shooting, pressing pause, letting the zombies kick you, etc.) and then restarting the world. I've noticed it tends to run faster when it's done it once before (cache memory?).

Anyway, here are the controls:
-Hold 'A' to turn left and 'D' to turn right
-Press 'S' to switch weapons forward, and 'X' to switch backward
-Press Space or Enter to puase the game and bring up the pause menu. From inside the pause menu, you can switch weapons, switch camera angles, buy guns, and buy abilities for your penguin (I've been using a computer with Windows Vista and Word 2003...I think, so I don't know if the fonts I used for the pause menu and HUD will shop up for you guys. If they don't, the text may disappear or run off the screen, so heads up.)
-Press 'Q' to repel the zombies, if you've bought the power.
-Hold 'Q' to slow down the zombies, but not the penguin if you've bought the power
-Press 'E' to use a shockwave which kills all zombies (except the big one, it just hurts him) if you've bought it.
-If you see the big one, pump him full of everything you've got, because he's REALLY tough (also, the penguin will automatically aim for him if he can)
-The Shining Lance now has two disadvantages: It's expensive, and one other hidden thing...
-You'll probably need Night Vision by Level 5. It's nearly impossible to see anything if you don't have it (I challenge someone to try and beat it without Night Vision)
-This version's HARD, but beatable. Try different combinations of powers and weapons and see what works for you
-My top score is 207 KOs

If you find any bugs (besdides lagging, because I expect that), tell me.
Wow, this is amazing! Everything is perfect, this must have taken a long time to make. I... I really don't know what to say. lol, its perfect. I am definitely looking forward to more from you, I can't wait to see what you do next.

Check out my new website - http://www.freewebs.com/maddenuser/

Special thanks to the people who are supporting me...
Drjim, rich0e0rick, Chris101b, ZED, jediaction, x2495iiii, ("Robby"), gabe, JustasM, and Shadow Sovereign.

Games...

CSS - a sidescroler/adventure game.
CASE 1.01 - a escape the room/adventure game.
In the Black and White - a shooter/adventure game.
Field Of Wonder - a adventure game
C.R.E.S - a action/adventure game.

Can you eat 10 cookies in 5 seconds?
I did.

Tags
1 of my favs - from arty, 3.6, amazingly brilliant, angry penguin, awesome, bacon, coffee, eggs, epic win, food, game, games, magic beans, model, models, out dated, penguin, resident, shooter, theuperduper youtube, this is awesome isn't it, weapon, weapons, x2495jjjj