Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Help please
Old
chicken18

Default Help please - 11-12-2010, 06:18 PM

Hello,
I am doing an assignment for school but i dont want help with the entire thing i just need help with the math and variables area. I am trying to do distance/speed equals time. I have the variables and the equations on my method but it comes out 1 or NaN. When the numbers are no where near there. I am just confused is there a certain thing I am missing?

Old
room14

Default 11-12-2010, 11:24 PM

post your world

:D

Old
chicken18

Default 11-13-2010, 05:30 PM

I talked to my teacher but he said i need to have my distance and speed set to values like i do time but I've tried a lot of things just not getting it. thank you for any help you can give
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Road_to_hana.a2w (1.08 MB, 5 views)

Old
room14

Default 11-14-2010, 10:17 PM

OK first of all, the "asking user thingy" is not connected to the distance and your speed value. It just says "Ninja SAY {ask user for string}.
It should probably say "word.distance set value to {ask user for ...}. then "Ninja say {word.distance}.

Secondly entering string value in number value Doesn't work. Although you are entering numbers it still say "{ask user for STRING}".
It should be "{ask user for a number}".And if you want the Ninja to say the distance and time it should be "ninja say {{world.distance} as a string}"
you can find "{{what} as a string}" in the world function.
Try your best shot.

Best of luck.
Room14

:D

Old
chicken18

Default 11-16-2010, 04:19 AM

Thank you for your help I forgot to respond last time. After you said that I was like what an idiot I am. It was such an easy fix but i was having a brain issue i guess lol. Thank you again.