Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

New! AODb Community Forums Newsletter!
Old
David B

Exclamation New! AODb Community Forums Newsletter! - 05-03-2011, 06:50 PM

The signup process has changed! Click here to read about how to sign up for the new system, and you can ignore the rest of this post!

Because of the frequent updates on the AODb Community Forums, it may be hard to keep up with things going on with it. Because of this, I have developed a little something called the "AODb Community Forums Newsletter" which will provide updates on the progress of the development of the AODb Community Forums. Up until now, updates have been posted in a forum named, "AODb Community Forums Updates." (view here) Although I will continue posting updates in this forum, I will send out these updates in newsletters.

To sign up, private message me here. Be sure to include your username, way of contact, and any other information that you may deem as important. I currently only support the following ways of communication.

* Private messaging via the Alice Community Forums. (NO LONGER SUPPORTED!)
*Private messaging via the AODb Community Forums.

If possible, please select the AODb Community Forums, as it is easier for me to Private Message people on the AODb Community Forums than it is on the Alice Community Forums.

Okay, so before you get to signing up, there is a catch. Let's get to the fine print.: You must be an AODb Community Forums member AND an Alice Community Forums member to subsribe.

Last edited by David B; 05-05-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Private Messaging via the Alice Community Forums No Longer Supported!
Old
David B

Exclamation Private Messaging via the Alice Community Forums No Longer Supported! - 05-05-2011, 07:42 PM

Unfortunately, I am not supporting Private Messaging via the Alice Community Forums any more. This is because I have been able to create a new system which is more efficent. (I am still working out the bugs. The new system will probably be an automated process.) I am also looking in to supporting e-mails, but e-mail support is only an idea at this point, and I am not acting on anything just yet. I will let you know of any changes to the system when they are made. Because of the way the automated system works, the chance that I will make Private Messaging via the Alice Community Forums available again is slim to none.

New Automated System!
Old
David B

Exclamation New Automated System! - 05-05-2011, 08:15 PM

I have just finished setting up the new automated system for the AODb Community Forums! As expected, this setup comes with the limit that I cannot send Private Messages to an Alice Community Forums member. The rule that I had in place was originally to promote membership on the AODb Community Forums. The newsletter could have been sent without this rule, but now, this rule actually does serve a purpose. I can only PM people on the AODb Community Forums, so if you don't have an account on them, you can't recieve the newsletter.

In addition to the changes in the setup of the system, the signup process has also changed. To sign up now, you must click on , and log in. Afterwards, click on , and from the dropdown menu, choose, "AODb Community Forums Newsletter." Upon doing so, you should see this page. When the page comes up, click on, "Join Group." You will then see a message that says you need the moderator's approval, but don't worry. Just ignore that message. If you see that message, it means you have successfully signed up!

If you are not already a member of the AODb Community Forums, you will need to sign up here before going through the process explained above.

Old
DensetsuNoKaboom

Default 05-08-2011, 02:35 PM

Well now I'm really not going to sign up.

Nice job.

Thank you for taking the time to read this signature. This signature loves you.

Old
debussybunny563

Default 05-08-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David B View Post
Seriously? Out of all of the members that signed up, nobody has joined? Honestly, I don't understand why people aren't joining. I am going to try bringing back Private Messaging via the Alice Community Forums, but I doubt it will work! First, I want to make sure that people will actually use this service. I am very disappointed in all of you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DensetsuNoKaboom View Post
Well now I'm really not going to sign up.

Nice job.
Yeah. The more you rant, the more unappealing it seems.

Last edited by debussybunny563; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have been dead for quite some time now; not much hope for resurrection.

Old
David B

Default 05-15-2011, 12:56 PM

Congratulations jediaction on being the first member to sign up! I know that I haven't sent out anything lately, but I have been working in the background to set up the AODb Community Forums with features that I haven't yet made available.