Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

Old
jediaction

Default 09-30-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
How in the world would you know how I did it. You seriously need to think before you post. I haven't descriped how I did it, you just assume I did it the wrong way. You need to realize you AREN'T the only one who can code well. SERIOUSLY, STOP ASSUMING YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO DOES STUFF RIGHT!

HOW WOULD YOU KNOW HOW I DID IT IF I NEVER POSTED ANYTHING BESIDES THAT I ADDED IT!

You are so arrogant it is unbelievable...
Ahh, another Lance A. I never said im the only one who could Code good. There is a lot. You just said, "basic Collisions Detection" that means Alices way....jeeesh, calm down

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
Doctor Who

Default 09-30-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction
Ahh, another Lance A. I never said im the only one who could Code good. There is a lot. You just said, "basic Collisions Detection" that means Alices way....jeeesh, calm down
Lol. Dude, if I had a dollar for every time you've said, "Look at MY game for help." or "No, no, no. This is all wrong look at this game I made," I'd literally own Valve by now, so stop being so arrogant. And he hasn't even released anything yet. How can you say that his coding is wrong if you haven't seen it yet?

Anyway, when are you gonna release an .a2w of your work so far, Fritz?

Old
Fritz

Default 09-30-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Who View Post
Lol. Dude, if I had a dollar for every time you've said, "Look at MY game for help." or "No, no, no. This is all wrong look at this game I made," I'd literally own Valve by now, so stop being so arrogant. And he hasn't even released anything yet. How can you say that his coding is wrong if you haven't seen it yet?

I will when I get a better collision detection system and better AI.

Anyways, 'basic collision detection' means your way is basic. It doesn't mean anything but that it needs work. It doesn't say how it was made or what code was used to make it.

Working on a new Futuristic FPS game

http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6734

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-01-2010, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
No. Not at all. Not even sort of.

Fritz is a person trying to teach himself how to make games mainly by doing, not by seeing.

LanceA was a person who claimed to be a teacher and used that claim to effectively boss around other board members.

I think you've lost your way, Jediaction. You refer new people to your past work and hype your future work, but don't seem to be doing much at the present.

My advice: take a break from answering questions and do something constructive. You don't know how to convert models? Experiment until you've got it down. You pushed Alice to it's limit with your game? Get creative and make a way to include more.

It's good that you want to help other members, but sometimes telling them to do it your way isn't the best way to help.

Old
jediaction

Default 10-01-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Who View Post

I know I have said that. I know that my way is helpful too and I know it works to. Thats why i suggest it, not to throw people off, just to show them my way. I try to help as much as I can and it looks like you guys are not appreciating it

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
It's good that you want to help other members, but sometimes telling them to do it your way isn't the best way to help.
I know, but i want to show what my idea is. Everyone is just annoyed that I am everywhere. Jeesh, and yes I have been told many times that I pushed alice to the limit with my games.

Last edited by jediaction; 10-01-2010 at 08:29 AM.

Old
Fritz

Default 10-01-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
I know I have said that. I know that my way is helpful too and I know it works to. Thats why i suggest it, not to throw people off, just to show them my way. I try to help as much as I can and it looks like you guys are not appreciating it

I know, but i want to show what my idea is. Everyone is just annoyed that I am everywhere. Jeesh, and yes I have been told many times that I pushed alice to the limit with my games.
I have no problem with you helping but telling people that your way is the correct way to do something isn't right.

Just make it less of 'my way is right, yours is wrong.'

Last edited by Fritz; 10-01-2010 at 09:26 AM.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-01-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:

That's not the point. The point is when people post something showing their work, your first reaction shouldn't be "Your way works but my way works too."

Also, yes, people often don't appreciate it when you insinuate that the work they're proud of is wrong.

If you want to show your idea and no one has specifically asked for it, post it in a separate thread. It has nothing to do with you "being everywhere."

Also, you missed the point of my comment. I was saying that you yourself have said you've pushed Alice to the limit. The next constructive step is to find a way to get around those limits.

Old
jediaction

Default 10-02-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
If you want to show your idea and no one has specifically asked for it, post it in a separate thread. It has nothing to do with you "being everywhere."

Also, you missed the point of my comment. I was saying that you yourself have said you've pushed Alice to the limit. The next constructive step is to find a way to get around those limits.
Jeesh, so many people go out of control on this Community. not you X. I AM JUST TRYING TO HELP...PERIOD!

Old
Fritz

Default 10-02-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Jeesh, so many people go out of control on this Community. not you X. I AM JUST TRYING TO HELP...PERIOD!
You don't help when you tell someone they are doing it wrong and that your way is right...

Old
jediaction

Default 10-02-2010, 05:55 PM

Ok, im sorry, just quit yelling at me