Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Link Two Objects?
Old
Chupathingy

Question Link Two Objects? - 02-27-2007, 07:31 PM

I'm trying to make a simple egg object out of two of the primitive shapes and linking them together. I know that I can have them be set to the same vehicle, but I'd like to have them behave as one object when I move them around in the "add objects" editor. Furthermore, I would like to be able to make this a new class (which I can do once they're linked), or at least be able to copy it without lining up both parts every time.

Any tips?

Last edited by Chupathingy; 02-27-2007 at 07:34 PM.

There are a couple of ways.
Old
DrJim

Lightbulb There are a couple of ways. - 02-28-2007, 08:58 AM

There are a couple of ways to do what you want - neither one is particularly easy.

For the first technique, see the thread: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=570 .
Note that you have to import .ase models (as "textures") to get them to import in a hierarchial manner. (Smooth Teddy .asg models will work also, I think.) If you try to save and import Alice's simple objects, you can only work with them as .a2c models and they go right to the top level in the object tree.

I did upload some simple shapes in .ase format and they are available there. You can change textures, etc., just like with Alice shapes. You can also make your own shapes in one of the 3D modeling programs and inport them.

The second way is to unzip (you may have to use 7-Zip or WinRAR) the .a3c model and edit the data by hand, see http://www.alice.org/community/showt...highlight=pose .
This is a bit harder, since the .a2c format isn't documented anywhere I've seen (anybody have a reference ) but you also have the ability to change anything (that you can figure out ).