Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Objects

Old
DrJim

Default 12-26-2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
So are there any online tutorials for these various programs you've mentioned: Anim8or, Milkshape, Blender and Biturn?
Blender (http://www.blender.org/) has probably the best tutorials on the web for 3D modeling in general - but they are mainly aimed at fairly advanced users.

Anim8or (http://www.anim8or.com/main/index.html) also has a lot of good tutorials and a nice model library on their web site.

I frankly haven't worked much with Milkshape so can't comment there other than to note it probably can handle more "game format" models than any other free/shareware program. Personally, I'm mostly into video so don't do much game work.

Biturn really never had any documentation with it - and the site does not currently appear to be actively supported. For my notes, see (http://www.alice.org/community/showt...=Biturn&page=2 ) - though the program is pretty self explainatory.

As far as editing .ase files - often needed - just use a text editor and pay close attention to the error messages you get from Alice if an import fails.

Good Luck.

here's one
Old
fishrfine75

Default here's one - 12-27-2008, 02:38 PM

not precisely what youre looking for, but I trust you can make use of it.

NOTE: I GET ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIT FOR THIS MODEL. ALL CREDIT GOES TO ♮♪♭Co¬¬in L ≥♬♯ (a guy on sketchup)

it's a spartan laser hopefully the textures work. the axises are a bit odd, but it looks great!
Attached Files
File Type: a2w splaser.a2w (1.30 MB, 214 views)

Old
fishrfine75

Default 12-29-2008, 02:23 PM

ok, heres a list of what I can find for you

most every halo 3 weapon except the BR (sigh, my favorite) UNTEXTURED

energy sword, TEXTURED but in two pieces (handle and blade)

Master chief, looks great and is POSEABLE but frighteningly difficult to move properly, as there are no subparts, only parts (in other words you need to move every part of his arm at the same time)

Covenant CCS class battlecruiser (I love this model!)

Spartan laser, already gave u this one

Covenant Assault carrier: EASILY MY FAVORITE MODEL, starts out at about 1000000000 times the size of the ground but thats a quick fix

Note: I made none of the above models. if you ask me to get you any of them, I will provide credit where credit is due.

Old
DrJim

Default 12-30-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
Would you mind posting all of them? I'm curious now...
Or maybe just the URL for the sources for the models. Most models - even free - have restrictions on postings on other web sites.

ill get on it
Old
fishrfine75

Default ill get on it - 01-01-2009, 04:42 PM

it might take a few days to find them all though, the computer is rather unorganized. when i find them all, and who made each one, ill post them for you.

Old
("Robby")

Exclamation 01-05-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris101b View Post
Yep I found I found it. The rifle has a strange axis I think, so you have to use that cone to orient it. Instead of vehicle the gun to you, vehicle the cone to you and the gun will follow.
I tried to load this world into Alice 2.2, and I am getting an error message saying that Alice can't open the file. Why would that be?

Old
("Robby")

Question 01-05-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJim View Post
The real problem is that only the mesh converted and this was apparently a boned model - so the movements you are going to be able to do using Alice are very limited.
I can't seem to be able to move his arms - they aren't subparts of the masterchief. Is this why?

Old
DrJim

Default 01-07-2009, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ("Robby") View Post
I can't seem to be able to move his arms - they aren't subparts of the masterchief. Is this why?
Yes. Most models developed by programs that support both an internal structure (bones) for movement and a separate 3D mesh (skin) for textures only have one mesh - no subparts. This makes texture mapping of the skin much easier - but also means you can't get much movement with the model when you just import the mesh into Alice - and Alice 2.0 doesn't support bones.

sorry I took so long
Old
fishrfine75

Default sorry I took so long - 01-18-2009, 12:37 PM

I am truly sorry this took so long. I have been incredibly busy, so I havnt gotten a chance to do this. A warning, some objects don't have textures, have very wierd axis that make them move bizarrely, are HUGE, are placed in random places, so on and soforth. I was only able to get a few weps in, I got the rocket launcher (untextured) an energy sword (textured, 2 parts) and a battle rifle (untextured but looks great) in. Also, some new ships, a UNSC frigate (textured VERY badly, but it can be fized up) a pelican, a hornet, and a phantom (untextured) Also, a UNSC Marathon Class Cruiser. I might have missed a few things. I made none of these, here are some people who get credit (might not remember the all)

Commander M009
Liam887
X-Box
Birdman
Normandu
Warsock
Attached Files
File Type: a2w somehalostuff.a2w (11.67 MB, 273 views)

help!
Old
munky460

Default help! - 02-28-2009, 09:48 AM

ive downloaded it, now how do i get it into alice?