Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Consolidating Collision Detections with an Object Variable?
Old
cbw92

Default Consolidating Collision Detections with an Object Variable? - 05-13-2010, 06:34 PM

Hello,

In the past, I've used a single collision loop for each object that I wanted my character to collide with. This worked fine, but in larger worlds it became a lot of work to set up each loop, and it was very cluttered. I believe it was Dameria's maze game that had a very nice object variable collision detection system. Right now, I would just like to consolidate my collision loops to a single infinite loop useing an if/else command, and an If object is within x distance of object variable. If I understand this correctly, the loop should detect the distance between any item in the object variable list, but when i try to drag and drop the object variable in to the diostance from command, it wont let me select all objects within the list, but just the first, last, random, etc. Does anyone know how to set this up? Many thanks in advance!

cb

Last edited by cbw92; 05-13-2010 at 07:44 PM.

Old
dubastot

Default 05-13-2010, 07:58 PM

From what I can see, I believe you need to drag and drop a "for all together" command.

I'm a web developer/ designer now.

Old
cbw92

Default 05-13-2010, 08:08 PM

Ahhh, that did it. Those commands are new to me. Thank you for your help

cb

I need help
Old
shred1894

Question I need help - 05-20-2010, 07:08 AM

I am new to Alice and I need help making a biplane stop moving when it hits the ground, I don't want to change the controls (i added a fire method that shoots the propeller), and I need a lot of help. PLEASE HELP ME?????