Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Alice 2.2 repeatedly crashing on Windows7
Old
annanaster

Angry Alice 2.2 repeatedly crashing on Windows7 - 07-21-2010, 03:12 PM

Hello,

I am trying to learn programming using Alice, which was suggested to me by my father (a computer scientist). However, I am having problems, because the Alice program will not run for more than about 5 minutes before it inexplicably freezes and crashes.

I have an almost new Windows 7 computer with very little software installed and nothing else running. I have tried both the version of Alice that comes on the CD in the "Learning to Program with Alice" book and also I have downloaded the latest version from the Internet.

Once it crashed when I tried to save a new world for the first time. Another time it crashed when I tried to open a world from the the textbook examples. Two other times it crashed when I was trying to manipulate objects.

I have spent two hours just trying to complete the examples in Appendix A of the "Learning to Program with Alice" book, and I still have not finished. Help! If this is what programming is all about, it's no wonder that my father has so many gray hairs!

Old
zonedabone

Default 07-21-2010, 03:16 PM

Look at my sticky thread in how to. It's called tutorial faq. Do all f them.

'Apple Macintosh' - An anagram of 'Complaints Heap'

M.A.C.I.N.T.O.S.H. - Machine Always Crashes, If Not, The Operating System Hangs.

You're *such* a mac person.

Tags
crash, windows 7