Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

New to Alice, Just finished my 4th assignment
Old
Demonicdorx

Default New to Alice, Just finished my 4th assignment - 09-20-2014, 11:08 PM

Just finished working on my 4th assignment in Alice. I think I am getting used to creating methods in the world. I have been utilizing the "do together" and "do in order" statements which is how I have been able to play music in the background while other statements are being called.
Looking for repeating scenarios and creating their own methods has been especially helpful for stream lining projects. I am curious, are we able to export world methods? Or only object methods? It would be nice to be able to export and import generic world methods that are useful in most projects.
Please feel free to tear apart my project if you find it helpful. If you have any helpful ideas or suggestions please share with me as I still have much to learn.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/28sztkn4a2...n4-DB.a2w?dl=0

My project was to big to upload so here is a link to it in my dropbox

Last edited by Demonicdorx; 09-20-2014 at 11:22 PM. Reason: unable to upload

Old
chickentree
Super Moderator

Default 09-22-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonicdorx View Post
Just finished working on my 4th assignment in Alice. I think I am getting used to creating methods in the world. I have been utilizing the "do together" and "do in order" statements which is how I have been able to play music in the background while other statements are being called.
Looking for repeating scenarios and creating their own methods has been especially helpful for stream lining projects. I am curious, are we able to export world methods? Or only object methods? It would be nice to be able to export and import generic world methods that are useful in most projects.
Please feel free to tear apart my project if you find it helpful. If you have any helpful ideas or suggestions please share with me as I still have much to learn.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/28sztkn4a2...n4-DB.a2w?dl=0

My project was to big to upload so here is a link to it in my dropbox
In a couple of weeks you should learn about events. Events are another way of controlling how alice does several things at the same time and usually does not have the performance hit associated with an infinitely repeating loop.

Have fun
Mark

Mark Henwood
mhenwood@ieee.org