Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Educators > Teaching with Alice

Assignment assistance, I'm willing to pay for tutoring
Old
Tommy19748

Default Assignment assistance, I'm willing to pay for tutoring - 08-14-2010, 04:07 PM

Is there anyone who is knowledgeable enough to help me complete this assignment? I will pay to have this assignment completed by Sunday. Please email me at tommy19748@gmail.com if there are any takers.

1. Individual Assignment: Basic Alice Programming: Loops and Logic

This assignment will take your knowledge of programming and progress it to a new level. Along with creating worlds, objects, and people, you will develop higher levels of motion by creating loops. You also begin using logic, such as Boolean logic.

• Submit an Alice A2W file and either a flowchart or a pseudo-code for the following projects:

o Big 12 Ranking (former): Create a world that asks the user to enter a rank between 1 and 12 for the former Big 12 college basketball teams. A character of your choice (People) must associate that rank to a team name, using the table below. The person should say the rank and the team name. If the rank is not between 1 and 12, the person should say the number is invalid. The method should end.

Rank Team Name
1 Kansas Jayhawks
2 Oklahoma Sooners
3 Missouri Tigers
4 Nebraska Cornhuskers
5 Texas Longhorns
6 Iowa State Cyclones
7 Texas A&M Aggies
8 Texas Tech Red Raiders
9 Oklahoma State Cowboys
10 Colorado Buffaloes
11 Kansas State Wildcats
12 Baylor Bears

Old
DensetsuNoKaboom

Default 08-14-2010, 04:09 PM

So wait...you're paying us to do your schoolwork for you?

If that's the case, NO.

Of course, if you're just asking for help, some people here would be glad to help you for free. If so, do your best attempt, then post it here.

Thank you for taking the time to read this signature. This signature loves you.

Old
debussybunny563

Post 08-14-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Of course, if you're just asking for help, some people here would be glad to help you for free.
Like me!
Quote:
If so, do your best attempt, then post it here.
Yeah. As my science teacher says, he won't help you if you just go up to him and say you don't understand or something, he wants you to give it your best go so that he knows you've put some effort but some parts may still be unclear before he'll help.

Show us what you've got so far, and we'll try to help you.

Need help also
Old
cmurphyart

Default Need help also - 12-08-2010, 02:39 PM

My head is swimming with functions and variables. If I am not careful I will name a method variable the same as a function variable. Do you ever use a method variable to drop onto a tile in the function editor?
I am trying to set an event that when a list of rings is empty, the game is over and the score board displays the final score and either game over or you win!
My function is named world.gameOver. The variables I'm using are: T/F GameOver, T/F ringListEmpty. Loop index from 0 up to but not including increment by 1
RingListEmpty set value to true
If ringListEmpty
gameOver set value to true
Else
gameOver set value to false
Return game over

Do I need to add change opacity to 100% or does this go in an event handler: When condition = world.rings empty becomes true
do gameOver set opacity to 100%?

Game_Over is a 3D object
Property: text = Game Over
Property: (Boolean) isShowing=true
Property: (number) gameOver =5 (since there are 5 rings and they sink as you pass thru them.
Property: (number) ringsSunk=0 ( or could I just stick to the empty list of rings?
As you can see I am confused about functions, event handlers utilizing methods, and properties. ( I know exerciseGirl gets exhausted from doing 10 reps (from the book exercise), but having difficulty utilizing this limited knowledge to the ring thing.)

Off topic
Old
aikmin

Default Off topic - 08-29-2011, 02:27 AM

Be very careful when using opacity and mouse click events. An object with opacity set to 0% does not mean that it is gone from your world. You can still click on the object. I have had people asked me why they cannot click on an object, and later found out that it was because there was another object in front of it (opacity set to 0%). Here, you are really clicking on the 0% object, not the one behind it. I just want to mention this because lots of people put text (0% opacity) all over their world and are having problems clicking on other stuff. Try using "isShowing = false" instead.