Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Creating Different Health Levels for Characters
Old
cajones1990

Default Creating Different Health Levels for Characters - 11-15-2011, 06:51 AM

Hi

I was wondering if someone could help me. I'm trying to create a skate park with 3 or 4 characters inside, each who have an individual tiredness rating. When they perform a certain trick I want that tiredness rating to be deducted by one. Can anyone advise on first how I set a tiredness rating for each character and when a move is completed it deducts one off their tally?

Thanks

Old
sfunk

Default 11-15-2011, 07:42 AM

well each character would have to have a number variable, so for skater one, lets create a number varaible for him called "tired1". well set that variable to whatever you want his level to be, for this example I will make it ten, now that the skater has a variable "tired1" valued at 10. now you have to make the method which decrements 1 from his variable everytime he does his move. now you should be able to figure out the rest

If you are stuck on a project, check out the tutorials I made here at this link:

http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=36778#post36778

There are lots of tutorials on it so far, including some youtube videos, check it out

Or..

Go to my youtube channel to check out my alice 2.2 tutorials I have there..

http://www.youtube.com/user/sfunk1992?feature=mhsn

Old
cajones1990

Default 11-15-2011, 04:32 PM

Ahh right okay that makes alot of sense. Thanks alot. Another quick question, I want to create 4 or 5 different moves for each skater, but each skater does it slightly different in the style it is executed. I'm not too sure what the best possible way of doing this is, but I gather sensible programming would involve me replicating the initial code for each move and then altering it slightly for each skater when they perform that particular move? I'm new to this so slightly at a loss at moment as at which angle to approach this from.

Any helps appreciated.

Thanks

Old
cajones1990

Default 11-16-2011, 11:09 AM

Can anyone offer any advise at all? thanks

Old
dakota95

Cool 11-17-2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajones1990 View Post
Ahh right okay that makes alot of sense. Thanks alot. Another quick question, I want to create 4 or 5 different moves for each skater, but each skater does it slightly different in the style it is executed. I'm not too sure what the best possible way of doing this is, but I gather sensible programming would involve me replicating the initial code for each move and then altering it slightly for each skater when they perform that particular move? I'm new to this so slightly at a loss at moment as at which angle to approach this from.

Any helps appreciated.

Thanks
just start with the main skater. Then after you finish his moves copy it into the other skaters. Then just make slight changes to each one