Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Suggestion Box

Old
jediaction

Default 10-14-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum111111 View Post
I was thinking we should all come together and make one big game. I was thinking a medieval RPG (We can possibly use ARTY's aliceonline). I think it would be good and it would be a good example world for newcomers. If this does happen I don't think we should use that many community objects because they are all mostly high poly with big textures and would lag the game.
I tried this twice before. Alice isn't able to handle it though. It always crashed after a few hours of development. If you keep it very simple, it could work. Kinda what madden did with his CSS series a while back and the cell shaded look. We tried doing big projects like this before. Zonedabone, Arty, and I tried making an FPS a while back called STORM. Alice ended up not being able to handle it and we had to cancel the project. With complex coding, it won't work, but with complex and simplified, and efficient coding we might have a chance.

Also, Sprites? Are we making Cave Story style game or something? They do take a lot of work and the art work would take hours to make.

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
beachbum111111

Default 10-14-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
I tried this twice before. Alice isn't able to handle it though. It always crashed after a few hours of development. If you keep it very simple, it could work. Kinda what madden did with his CSS series a while back and the cell shaded look. We tried doing big projects like this before. Zonedabone, Arty, and I tried making an FPS a while back called STORM. Alice ended up not being able to handle it and we had to cancel the project. With complex coding, it won't work, but with complex and simplified, and efficient coding we might have a chance.

Also, Sprites? Are we making Cave Story style game or something? They do take a lot of work and the art work would take hours to make.
We were only going to use alice models and textures. The textures and models you guys used were too resource heavy

"Don't lead me into temptation I can find it myself"

Old
jediaction

Default 10-17-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum111111 View Post
We were only going to use alice models and textures. The textures and models you guys used were too resource heavy
I tried that. I tried using only Alice Models. It's just a very complex system and has to be programmed the most efficient way possible. It's possible, but difficult. I personally don't have the time to be spending hours and hours working on it. I would have to do minor work on it if I was involved.

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
InsertName

Default 10-27-2012, 08:13 PM

I could do the animations for it and someone could tell me what they need in it, like walking, talking, idle that sort of stuff. I love doing things like that.

__№_₤⅞__
Handguns: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=45349
MINECRAFT IN ALICE: http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=48208
My Stupid Animations: http://alice.org/community/album.php?albumid=119