Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

a2w files in this forum
Old
vazin

Default a2w files in this forum - 11-29-2008, 01:28 PM

I have collected a lot of a2w files and there are seveval more a2w animations, games, models etc which people keep posting.

I plan to put them up in a single place, cataloging and index them apprpriately for my benefit and also for benefit of others. Two questions

a) will this be an useful exerccise for the benefit of alice users or will this be a redundant exercise because already the files are there in this forum ?

b) ami allowed to take the a2w files of others and put them somewhere else, without toucing any cpyright related issues

Thanks for any suggestions

Old
DrJim

Default 11-30-2008, 09:32 AM

I think it would be useful since the models are scattered throughout the forum. You might just want to make an index of links to the worlds, however, rather than recopying them if they are already posted.

Usually model libraries on the web have restrictions on reposting the models in an indexed forum. People who post models - even free ones - are understandably upset when other people use their models without credit - and even more so when others charge for them. This was a problem with the Blender Model Repository (http://e2-productions.com/repository/index.php ) and resulted in legal action and the site - which was one of the best - actually shutting down for a while.

Just posting links would solve an copy restriction problem also if there happened to be one - though that should not be a problem with Alice stuff unless it really built on external models.

Last edited by DrJim; 11-30-2008 at 09:52 AM.

Old
fant0m08

Default 12-11-2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vazin View Post
I have collected a lot of a2w files and there are seveval more a2w animations, games, models etc which people keep posting.

I plan to put them up in a single place, cataloging and index them apprpriately for my benefit and also for benefit of others. Two questions

a) will this be an useful exerccise for the benefit of alice users or will this be a redundant exercise because already the files are there in this forum ?

b) ami allowed to take the a2w files of others and put them somewhere else, without toucing any cpyright related issues

Thanks for any suggestions
I think this would be awesome - because I am looking for the exercises in the book to compare my final product to others - but no one seems to have them.

Old
Chris101b

Default 12-11-2008, 11:37 AM

Well if you plan on taking a movie and posting it somewhere else, you HAVE TO give that person credit. That happened here just a few days ago to me. I made a movie called War Zone and posted it here a little less than a year ago and someone just took my file, changed the name of it and re-posted it on here saying that he made it. This action resulted in a ban from the site for him. So if you are going to post a world somewhere, you have to give credit to the person who made it. Same thing with games too.

Old
vazin

Default 12-11-2008, 12:31 PM

http://www.tech4dreams.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris101b View Post
Well if you plan on taking a movie and posting it somewhere else, you HAVE TO give that person credit. That happened here just a few days ago to me. I made a movie called War Zone and posted it here a little less than a year ago and someone just took my file, changed the name of it and re-posted it on here saying that he made it. This action resulted in a ban from the site for him. So if you are going to post a world somewhere, you have to give credit to the person who made it. Same thing with games too.
Will take another week or so to get this up. Will provide all credits. Let us see how far it goes. Keep visiting here...Cheers
http://www.tech4dreams.com/

Last edited by vazin; 12-11-2008 at 12:37 PM.

Here is the First Version of Alice Worlds Collections
Old
vazin

Default Here is the First Version of Alice Worlds Collections - 01-11-2009, 07:18 AM

Enclosed the first version. Hope this is a good starter. Let me know how this looks
Cheers

PS - As more people access the files, sometimes, you may get a message, "bandwidth exceeded", it means that my ISP needs to increase the bandwidth, which should happen in 24 hours.

a2w files in the forum
Old
vazin

Default a2w files in the forum - 01-14-2009, 06:26 AM

Some more updates to the listing.

Cheers