Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

BDE event problems?
Old
Chris.Foree

Question BDE event problems? - 03-22-2008, 12:28 PM

I attached the world that I am currently working on for an assignment in my class. It is a very basic world as of right now, but I seem to have a problem with the BDE events. The premise of this world is to have the
firstLevelTrap(crane) move around the world and capture the firstLevelEnemy(squirrel)<--has not been added yet. I have created 5 BDE events that handle the firstLevelTrap's(crane) movement around the world.

Movements are as following:
up arrow key: moves firstLevelTrap(crane) forward

down arrow key: moves firstLevelTrap(crane) reverse

left arrow key: moves firstLevelTrap(crane) left

right arrow key: moves firstLevelTrap(crane) right

space key: lowers and raises the firstLevelTrap(crane) boom

Now, for the problem. When I play the world I can't get the firsLevelTrap(crane) to turn left while moving forward with the boom lowered.

This has been very frustrating becuase I can't replicate this problem with any other combination of the BDE events. Can anyone give me any suggestions?
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Animal Control Draft 4.a2w (2.37 MB, 266 views)

Last edited by Chris.Foree; 03-22-2008 at 12:33 PM.

Old
DrJim

Default 03-24-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.Foree View Post
I can't get the firsLevelTrap(crane) to turn left while moving forward with the boom lowered.
Seemed to work OK for me - see attached video clip. Am I missing something about your problem?

Nice graphics and movements, by the way.

Edit: Noticed I cut the video to mostly right turns, but both ways worked fine for me.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Crane Turning.zip (411.6 KB, 242 views)

Last edited by DrJim; 03-24-2008 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Turn comment

Old
Chris.Foree

Default 03-24-2008, 07:29 PM

That is really strange. The video shows you executing the exact movement that I can't seem to perform. The first movement you performed in the video was the movement that I can't perform (left turn while moving forward with the boom lowered). I guess I am glad to see that it is not a problem with the code in the BDE events, but I am a little confused as to why I can't perform those movements on my machine. Is it possible that my machine can't render or process that many events at the same time? I don't have a fire breathing computer by any means, but it is also far from a boat anchor.

I could run the world on several computers at school and then on a friend's computer to see if I get any different results.

Thanks for looking at the world, at least now I know it works correctly on someone else's machine. I just want to be sure before I complete the assignment that it was not in the programming.