Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

Old
DrJim

Default 03-02-2008, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch0pStickS View Post
what do you mean by documenting code?
You just did it in your previous e-mail. Just make that a comment and stick it in the code. Don't worry about grammer, etc. - you're doing programming, not writing an English theme. But things like which sreen edge each measurement is referenced to are those you can forget very quickly.

Also re "you run alice on the same computer, the screen always loads to the same exact position". What it actually does is run with the same window size and screen (and camera) postion as you used the last time. You can actually make the camera always start at the same spot by having it move to a fixed position as the first step but I don't know a way to do the same thing with the viewing window. Anyone else have any ideas?

Old
Ch0pStickS

Default 03-02-2008, 10:08 PM

it doesn't matter, it doesn't need to start in the same position on the screen. It will still stay calibrated so u don't have to press enter and click the dot everytime you load it.

Old
ShaunHBGAcad

Default 04-04-2008, 10:40 AM

Wow, the mouse control is impressive. If you don't mind, I'll be scrapping my mouselook code for yours. I didn't know some of those functions were even there. Excellent!

Old
crick_head

Default 08-12-2008, 07:32 AM

thanks man, i haven't tried it yet, but i need a bit of help on a fps so hopefully it'll help

New Mouse look code
Old
Ch0pStickS

Default New Mouse look code - 12-02-2008, 08:32 PM

I have a new mouse-control code here:
http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=1931

Old
Ch0pStickS

Default 05-02-2009, 11:26 AM

Yeah, so umm i posted earlier a version of the game, which i found was the incomplete version.

Doing some spring cleaning, i found an old flash drive, and it somehow has my final version on it o.o

Anyway here it is

Controls:

WASD - used to move around
Mouse - used to look around
Q- used to switch from single fire to automatic for the pistol
r - used to reload
spacebar - used to scope or aim downsight.

1 - pistol
2- rocket launcher
3- knife
4- raygun

Notes:

You start out without any weapons, so you cannot do anything until you come into the room with the robot. (cutscene until that point)

to beat the big bad robot:
he shoots things out of his head, shoot with the pistol to destroy it. Also, every 21 seconds, he shoots a one hit-kill burst. AFter 15 seconds, you will see him charging it (right arm) so to reset the timer, shoot a rocket at his arm. To actually beat him, you must first shoot the bars surrounding his core (being closer might help) then pull out your raygun and shoot his core once the bars are gone.

This is likely to be the most glitchy game ever created in alice, so be afraid, be very afraid.

GOD MODE: if you're getting tired of losing, try turning on god mode. It prevents you from dying. just go to world>properties and change the god mode boolean variable to true.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Final.a2w (6.56 MB, 148 views)

Old
HisWorld

Default 05-07-2009, 09:30 PM

Nice work! From the little I've messed around with using the mouse to aim and direct objects. I can tell its not as straightforwards as it could be.

Thank you
Old
jediaction

Default Thank you - 11-23-2009, 01:01 PM

YOU JSUT FIXED MY BIGGEST FPS PROBLEM!!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU...I am going to finish my Modern WArfare Game

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

i like
Old
pangdang

Default i like - 08-18-2010, 07:25 AM

thank you

Old
thebestboy

Default 09-04-2010, 01:11 PM

LOL the begginning cutscene randomly restarted in the middle of the fight.