Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Help with project please.
Old
Materia_z

Default Help with project please. - 05-09-2010, 08:08 PM

I need to create a generic method to make any buttefly flap its wings. I've tried a variety of ways with using the objects left and right wing, but it's just making them fly off the screen or not doing what i need it to do. Any tips or advice is very much appreciated.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 05-10-2010, 02:53 AM

Having them roll left and right should work. Click the plus sign next to the butterfly's name on the object list in the upper left of the screen, then click the wing and click the methods tab to see the "wing roll" method.

If rolling doesn't work, try turning, both forward/backward and left/right.

(')>

Old
cbw92

Default 05-10-2010, 04:50 PM

Hello,

One of my favorite methods for creating motions is by useing poses. In the case of a butterfly, you could set one pose with both wings up, and then a second pose with both wings down. Then create a method that switches between the two poses and the wings should flap fairly smoothly. The only down side to this method that i know of is that if you try and make the butterfly do other actions while flapping its wings, they will often interfere with the wing flap because the two poses relate to the entire butterfly. For instance, if the butterfly moves an arm forward, the flap wing will just set the arm back to its original position. Hope this helps.

cb

Old
Materia_z

Default 05-10-2010, 08:15 PM

Yeah i see what i was doing wrong now thanks a lot. I'm still having trouble with the last step. I need to make a list and then create methods to make all the butterflies fly around randomly and flapping their wings.

I made the list of the bufferflies 1-6, but how do i make it that their all running at the same time? When i insert the object it makes me pick a specific butterfly.

Old
Materia_z

Default 05-11-2010, 09:41 PM

I got all the butterflies to flap their wings,but how do i make it that their all moving around randomly at the same time. I tried using the obj Butterflylist but it only lets me pick certain ones or it randomly chooses the butterfly. I appreciate the help so much.

Old
King Gamer(gorit)

Default 05-11-2010, 10:07 PM

You need use for all together. You then use item from list(list name) as the object in the move method. You get the object from the list thing by draging it from the top of the for all together variable.