Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Getting acquainted with Ms. Alice
Old
rudebeans

Default Getting acquainted with Ms. Alice - 06-13-2010, 07:40 PM

So I just finished my first "Hello World" (assignment 1) moment with Alice. I am pretty impressed with the simplicity of the application. I come from a communication design background and have worked on several information architecture pieces such as program interfaces, brand identity elements and programs, etc. This is my initial attempt to break into the coding side, as I really want to embrace this medium and apply what I know as a designer and art director and put coding to work for me.

Going through this first experience was fairly simple, and I did jump ahead with some of the tools. So when I was complete with my project, I was surprised to see that my bunny turned itself into a black vector silhouette. My initial thought was that it happened due to the fact that I am working on a Mac. I think there is a far simpler answer, so if anyone has any ideas, that would be fantasteek :]

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 06-14-2010, 12:19 AM

Odds are, it's the Mac thing. The releases for the Mac and Linux are somewhat infamous for being buggy for no reason. Most bugs have workarounds though. Try adjusting the color properties, seldom used properties, shading style, opacity, and texture map of the bunny to see if it doesn't revert back to normal.

(')>

Tags
assignment 1, first project, unexpected result