Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Bugs and Troubleshooting

Alice3 will not run.
Old
garrwood

Default Alice3 will not run. - 08-01-2014, 06:44 PM

Hello, I am using debian wheezy and have successfully installed Alice3 and Java 8. When I launch Alice3 I get the error:

" Error: Could not find or load main class org.alice.stageide.EntryPoint
hit enter key to close shell"

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Gary

:(
Old
jrrTolkien

Default :( - 08-04-2014, 01:22 PM

I've always had problems myself with Alice 3, difficulties installing it, running it, then it always took too much RAM... I hope your problems are resolved as soon as possible, but until then, Alice 2 is a great program with a lot to learn about Java programming and making cool animations and games. Good luck with Alice 3, and keep programming!

-jrr

Arwen: “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the Ages of this world alone.”

-April Signature

Linux
Old
MrMoke

Default Linux - 08-05-2014, 09:42 AM

It comes in many forms, each one is different, and I'm pretty sure that keeping up with each different version would put an enormous load on the staff at CM.
On the Alice Web Site, they specifically mention Ubuntu and Red Hat as officially supported versions of Linux. Of those two, only Ubuntu would appear to be the best choice because of cost.

My preferred solution is to build a multi-boot computer that allows me to troubleshoot and document problems like this.

This kind of feedback information would also be of enormous e-help to the CM staff.