Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

trying to blow things up
Old
javamanlite

Default trying to blow things up - 12-11-2006, 01:55 PM

I am working on a program for school that has a plane getting close to a target the tank needs to disappear and the flame needs to appear. I am using the threshhold statement, but 1 the flame has to be gone first 2 the tank has to diappear when the plane gets close enough. 3 the flame has to appear when the tank disappears. does anybody have a good blow em up methode that you can share.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w final.a2w (1.30 MB, 367 views)

Old
thetrippster

Default 12-13-2006, 06:44 AM

this should serve as a good example. if u crash the jet into the carrier control tower it should crash. just check the coding :P

opps not this one got some bugs i give u updated version in about 5 mins

*k updated version!! added multiple collision detection. the arrow keys control the plane. and the number keys 1 and 2 shoot missles.
to land the plane u have to fly to the cone. to crash the plane u have to run into the control tower. and to blow up the carrier shoot missles at it * dont download this one get the one below it.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w carrierlanding.a2w (6.86 MB, 386 views)

Last edited by thetrippster; 12-13-2006 at 07:47 AM.

Old
Shadow Sovereign

Default 12-13-2006, 06:56 AM

He had syringe missiles a while ago...

Anyways, he has something pretty cool goin' on here... kinda like a combat flight simulator or something. Or, at least, the makings of one.

Old
thetrippster

Default 12-13-2006, 07:48 AM

this one
Attached Files
File Type: a2w carrierlanding.a2w (7.20 MB, 385 views)

Last edited by thetrippster; 12-13-2006 at 08:30 AM.

Try this.
Old
DrJim

Lightbulb Try this. - 12-13-2006, 06:09 PM

Since you're into explosions, check out Explogen from http://www.kenginegaming.com/downloads.php . You can put the results into Alice as a series of billboards. Looks better if you can set a transparent background in the images before you import them (as .png files - as far as I know, .bmp doesn't support alpha layer transparency).

This and my other postings tonight should at least keep Shadow Sovereign from being too bored for a day or two.