Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Alice and video cards
Old
alpha144

Exclamation Alice and video cards - 03-24-2012, 05:50 PM

So I am adding alot to this project for school and its saying my video card is "not up to snuff". I have tried on my laptop and it said that. I tried on my brothers desktop and it said that. I have completely designed the game and when i go back to the begining it says that just before i hit the first part of level one. I dont know the general size of what a alice game should be but mine is somewhere around 150,000 kb. The computer im using has 1 tb and not that much used. I only have tomarrow to program the game, any ideas? Thanks.

-------------------------------------Edit----------------------------------------------------
Before the up to snuff window comes up it says an error has occured drawing the scene, simply retry to fix it.

Last edited by alpha144; 03-24-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 03-24-2012, 09:48 PM

Why is your game 150MB?

Old
alpha144

Default 03-25-2012, 09:14 AM

It has alot of detail and 4 levels. I deleted the 4th level and it seems to be working better. It was probably just too much for my vidoe card, i think.

Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 03-25-2012, 11:41 AM

Doesn't really have anything to do with video card at that point.
Probably what's going on is that Alice isn't strong enough (ie too inefficient) to pull so many objects through the tubes.

Old
alpha144

Default 03-25-2012, 12:35 PM

Ok, i deleted some of the unimportant objects and it seems to be working fine. Thanks for your help.