Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 3 > How Do I?

Suggestions
Old
Anders

Post Suggestions - 02-13-2010, 11:16 PM

I have a few suggestions for Alice 3...

1. You could have a sprite-sprite relationship, sort of like magnets. I've notices that characters can't hold anything or move anything without hours of programming. I tried to make a knight hold a sword,but I can't unless I spin it his way and move it up and roll it more...It's just too much work! You could have handheld objects from the library able to be held by characters and such.

2. You can't access the limbs and parts of things! This makes it impossible to program your own actions for objects to do. You can't spin the arm of a character, only the whole thing.

3. I used to make games with Alice, but then I realized that you can't play them outside of the program. Is there some sort of program that you can use to export the games on?

Thanks!

-Anders

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 02-14-2010, 03:23 AM

1. Do you know about the vehicle property? Try setting the sword's vehicle to the knight's hand.

2. I'm not sure what version of Alice you're using (or what model you're using), but all the versions I've used allow subpart manipulation.

3. That's being looked into. At the moment, you can export Alice 3 worlds into Netbeans and do fun programmy stuff to them there, you can use the outside player to play a world without having to start Alice (though you still have to have Alice installed), and you can also use Mama to import your world and export it as a standalone file.

The link for Mama is right here:

http://en.eytam.com/downloads

(')>

Last edited by x2495iiii; 02-14-2010 at 06:24 PM.

Thanks!
Old
Anders

Default Thanks! - 02-14-2010, 11:12 AM

Thanks, that helped a lot!

Old
Izzuddin

Default 02-17-2010, 12:32 PM

I think Alice should bring back the Fade in and fade out tool i like how it worked on its first program of Alice!

Old
jediaction

Default 02-17-2010, 02:33 PM

The first Alice? I started on 2.0

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
Izzuddin

Default 02-17-2010, 03:47 PM

I just used all the programs XD!!