Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-30-2008, 11:38 AM

Did you choose which health bar texture you wanted? If so, tell me so I can delete the unnecessary ones.

(')>

Old
Chris101b

Default 12-30-2008, 06:58 PM

Yeah, I am going to use the one that is in the world right now. There is that one and a red version of it that is triggered when the health is low. It is another texture because Alice wont allow me to change the color of the texture in the game. I had to make a whole new version of the texture and change between the two.

I am thinking about going through the code and changing all the unnecessary numerical variables and changing them to boolean. I think this might be making the world a lot more complicated than it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00kworm
Instead of (or in addition to) lock-on, could you add a feature where the aimer changes color when you are aimed at an enemy?

I tried it, and it worked pretty well.
That is a very good idea. And is something I probably never would have thought of. I have looked at the code and it is pretty well done, but would you mind describing (simple or descriptive) how you made it work. I am still really new to making games and looking at code that I don't understand makes my brain hurt. Thanks for anything you can tell me.

I am nowhere and everywhere at the same time.

www.facebook.com/chris101b
Xbox Live GT: Chris101b
Youtube: (You guessed it) www.youtube.com/chris101b

Old
Chris101b

Default 12-30-2008, 11:23 PM

1000th post ... sorry, I'll be quiet now.

Old
b00kworm

Default 01-02-2009, 09:20 AM

Here's a new version with comments.

I actually found a bug while commenting, so this version is slightly different...

Before, if you shot the guy while he moved, he would only turn halfway because it was in a while loop, now I switched it.

Also, you may want to have a light pointing at the reticle, it becomes dark and the color change is hard to see if you are behind the enemy.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w aiming.a2w (1.05 MB, 64 views)

Old
Chris101b

Default 01-02-2009, 08:21 PM

Alright, I am going to work on this game less and the movie (War Zone 2) a little more. I need to finish the movie by either March or may (cant remember, but it is one of those "M" months) but this game is more of a recreational thing. I will still work on it, just not as much. (I am trying to make 2 MAJOR projects and only 1 really NEEDS to be made).

As for b00kworm, I will look at your new world and see if I can replicate and then implement it into the game. It is really neat feature that I think will go well with the game. Thanks for all the help.

Old
Chris101b

Default 04-09-2009, 11:50 AM

Alright, I know that it has been a very long time, but I have a new update to the game. Here is V8 of the Engine Beta. Below is the file and a list of changes I made.

1. Made it so that you can't roll both to the left and the right at the same time and float up into the sky.
2. Made it so that you can't move or look around when you die.
3. Made it so that the Enter key no longer makes you roll left.
4. Moved the word health over to the left more.
5. Made it so that you cannot do anything after you die.
6. Fixed a glitch that made the flash from the gun go through the reticle. (textures were messing up)

NOTE: Download the latest version in the first post

Last edited by Chris101b; 12-09-2009 at 08:51 PM.

Old
Chris101b

Default 04-09-2009, 09:12 PM

And just for reference, here are the controls:

Arrow keys: Move
Space: Shoot
D: Roll left
G: Roll right
F (hold): Go into sniper mode
J: Hurt yourself to test out the health system

Please remember that this "game" is a beta. There are currently no enemies, no level, no actions, and no goal. I am using this beta to get the gameplay right. I want to get all the character movements, actions, sounds, etc. right before I actually start adding content. I am using this beta to test for bugs and get feedback.

Old
UrbanWandrer

Default 04-10-2009, 02:01 AM

I like it so far. It needs strife, though. As a gamer, it drives me nuts, not being able to side-step. Need to be able to look up/down, too. Probably duck as well, seeing as how it's a sniper game. Anyways...just my input if you care to hear it. L8r

Old
Chris101b

Default 04-10-2009, 09:32 AM

See I would really like to add strafing, looking up and down, and all of that, but I can't. If I added strafing, there would be no collision detection at all. Secondly, if I made it so that you can look up and down, you would walk up into the sky, and if I fixed it so that you wouldn't walk into the sky, there would no collision detection. So instead of strafing, the best I could do was add rolling. Rolling is basically like strafing anyway because you can still shoot while you are strafing. You can also still zoom in the sniper rifle and shoot while rolling. I want to add looking up and down, but if I did, the rest of the game would be compromised.

I might add crouching too. That is a good idea. What does everyone think of me making it so that when you go into sniper mode, you cannot move, but the camera shakes slightly unless you are crouching (You wouldn't be able to move because this would make the camera fly up into the air). This could also allow me to add some things to the game (a tunnel that you have to couch to get under, etc.) That is a really good idea UrbanWandrer.

Last edited by Chris101b; 04-10-2009 at 09:39 AM.

Old
Chris101b

Default 08-16-2009, 04:52 AM

Okay, it has been a long, long, long time without an update, but I am back. I added a couple of things to the game, but expect more. Download the new version below. I am going to work on the sniper rifle bullets tomorrow. I will make it so that the sniper will shoot correctly. I am also going to change the way health works in the game. More on that later.

Additions/changes

1. Added bullets (yay)
2. Gave the bullets a slight spread so that they don't impact on the same spot every time. (For now, I made it so that the bullets do not go back to your gun until you pull the trigger again. I did this so that you can look at the spread of the bullets. After you shoot, walk over to where the bullets went and they should be floating there)

Controls:

Arrow Keys: Move/aim
Space: Shoot
R: Reload
F: Sniper mode
D/G: Roll Left/Right
J: Hurt yourself (Test the health system)

NOTE: Download the latest version in the first post

Last edited by Chris101b; 12-09-2009 at 08:52 PM.