Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Walking
Old
treodeo

Default Walking - 03-28-2009, 10:54 PM

Ok I have been looking at the forums for quite some time and someone asked for the code for the walking method and nobody really responded with the right question.

Here is what im asking:

Reply with a code for walking or suggest walking methods that have been posted . Do not say how you could make a walking method unless it is so easy a person with and IQ of 100 could make sense of it. Thanx . Looking forward to seeing some walking method codes.

Walking Characters
Old
DrJim

Default Walking Characters - 03-29-2009, 11:20 AM

The easiest thing to do is load Alice 2.2 and use those walking characters (in the folder people/walking people). They work fine in Alice 2.0 also - just copy the folder into that gallery. The Mad Scientist character also has an interesting walk.

The "walking people" use a method-based walk. If you want to see a pose-based walk (slightly harder to setup, but much more flexible), create a character with hebuilder or shebuilder and study it.

Old
pingu

Default 04-16-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJim View Post
The easiest thing to do is load Alice 2.2 and use those walking characters (in the folder people/walking people). They work fine in Alice 2.0 also - just copy the folder into that gallery. The Mad Scientist character also has an interesting walk.

The "walking people" use a method-based walk. If you want to see a pose-based walk (slightly harder to setup, but much more flexible), create a character with hebuilder or shebuilder and study it.
Yup... DrJim, right as usual

The walking method is found in the big white box at the left of the screen. click on your character in the box above. Then click on the methods tab, select walking, and drag it to the big yellow box in the middle of the screen.

Then just choose the direction and how much you want your character to walk... and off you go!

Hope this helps,
pingu

Camel walking
Old
pamelariggle

Default Camel walking - 12-19-2011, 09:00 PM

I really need to make my camel walk, I have worked and worked on this and cant seem to get the subparts to work properly. Can anyone give me step by step on how to perform the method. I really think anything with legs should already have a walking method.

Old
Joker899

Default 12-19-2011, 09:42 PM

Generally, when I'm making my own walking method, I go and see if I can find a video of that animal walking. For one of my class assignments I had to make a realistic walking method for a turtle. I searched on youtube, and discovered that some of the limbs move at the same time. Give that a try, and maybe you'll get a grasp of what you need to do. Also, the angle at which the camera is viewing the object affects how the tools work.

Don't stick with the default subparts tool, use the turn upward/backward tool and the rotate tool. You'll get the hang of it, we all do.

Edit: also, once you get your poses all set up (make sure you have a pose of the base position e.g. before any edits) just have a general move forward method, then have a do together surrounding that and a do in order that controls which limbs move when during that movement. Makes more sense if you test it out.

Tags
walking method