Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Autodesk 3ds Max
Old
rockstar442

Default Autodesk 3ds Max - 12-15-2009, 04:45 PM

Autodesk 3ds Max is said to be a program where you can create your own objects than import them to alice..........SO does anybody know where i can download it for free???? (THE FULL VERSION)

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-15-2009, 05:03 PM

Sure. First, go to your closet. Then, close your eyes. Now, click your heels together three times and say "There's no place like Freestuffland." For in Freestuffland, everything's free! Even the money!

No really, the only way you can get serious professional stuff like 3ds max for free is by downloading the trial version (full version, but limited to 30 days), or by getting it from pirates who will hack your computer if do so.

My recommendation is to download blender or smoothteddy, two free 3d programs which can also create objects usable in Alice.

Sorry, hope I didn't make you too mad. But asking for 3ds max for free is like asking for a free laptop or a ps3. They all cost several hundred dollars for a reason.

(')>

Old
rockstar442

Default 12-15-2009, 05:07 PM

OK FIRST OF ALL ........................LOL................... SECOND how much does it cost ill buy it for real i mean I LOVE DRAWING AND PROGGRAMMING/GAMING i draw all kinds of things anime, cars, houses its just like my life man but thanx for the tip

Old
rockstar442

Default 12-15-2009, 05:13 PM

ITS FREAKING 3,495 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
HOLY HOLY HOLY dear god ---im going to start saving--- or pass out now

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-15-2009, 05:15 PM

It's just not worth it, trust me. It's like photoshop. It's a good software, sure, but it's pricey, unreasonably so. It's actually SO pricey that other programmers have gone out of their way to make free alternatives that are the same if not better.

Alternatives for Photoshop: GIMP (WONDERFUL!), Phoenix (aviary.com)

Alternatives to 3ds Max (for Alice): Blender, Smoothteddy (admittably, none of these are as good as 3ds max at making high quality models or high performance engines, but that's exactly why it's USELESS for Alice. Alice wasn't built to handle those kinds of objects)

I'm not sure if there are any good modelers out there that are as good as 3ds max and are free. I experimented with DAZ 3d or something and it was alright, but it ran unbearably slow on my PC. The same went for the 3ds max trial, though, so I guess they are somewhat similar.

(')>

Last edited by x2495iiii; 12-15-2009 at 05:20 PM.

Old
rockstar442

Default 12-15-2009, 05:20 PM

thanks man your right _____just saved my some huge amount of chores_______________

Old
heysparky

Default 01-05-2010, 01:31 PM

This bundle of Max 2010, Maya, Motionbuilder, Softimage, Mudbox and Sketchbook is $350. The deal is: it's an educational license, which means you can't use this for a product you plan to sell. A great price for a lot of software used throughout the industry.

However, free is great! So check out the packages that x2495iiii mentions.

Old
jediaction

Default 01-06-2010, 10:04 AM

Ivr been using Maya for like 4 years, i knew how to convert objects and place textures but not any more, its been a while

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 02-09-2010, 03:40 PM

You can get a free version of max (and maya as well) if you are a student. Not sure what the exact terms are, but it's probably a 6-month license and there may or may not be a watermark. But if you're interested, sign up for an account and let us know what hoops you have to go through.

http://students.autodesk.com/

If you want to own the software, as mentioned above, JourneyEd is great for purchasing student software. I have used them many times.

Old
Nephtysis

Default 02-09-2010, 07:13 PM

oh nvm, already found a way

Last edited by Nephtysis; 02-10-2010 at 09:48 AM.