Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Landscaping and Water in scenes, etc.
Old
JDPSmiley

Default Landscaping and Water in scenes, etc. - 12-23-2009, 02:09 PM

Hello-

I just started using Alice about a week ago, downloaded it after reading Randy Pausch's "Last Lecture" and finding this software to be so freakin' cool!

(Adding from Local Gallery) I would like to know how to add height to my hills without spreading them out more, to make some mountains, and make water deeper in a lake or pond. "Resizing Objects" apparently just expands everything for me.

I also wanted to know if some staircases and such could be added to the gallery for inside rooms in house (i.e. the farmhouse) or apartment building/ skyscrapers.

Thanks!-

&^) JDPSmiley

Last edited by JDPSmiley; 12-23-2009 at 02:13 PM.

Old
zarfang8

Default 12-23-2009, 02:27 PM

When you resize stuff, you have to change the dimension.

Old
Chris101b

Default 12-23-2009, 09:35 PM

Hi,

First off, welcome to the Alice community!

Secondly, I know how to solve your problem.

Drag the "Resize" method into your main programing box. Then click more and you will find something that says dimensions. You can make your objects resize top to bottom, left to right, and front to back. You can experiment with each of these to get your desired effect.

For what you want to do, choose to resize top to bottom and the hills will get larger without actually increasing in size.

I am nowhere and everywhere at the same time.

www.facebook.com/chris101b
Xbox Live GT: Chris101b
Youtube: (You guessed it) www.youtube.com/chris101b

Last edited by Chris101b; 12-23-2009 at 09:37 PM.

Old
jediaction

Default 12-26-2009, 12:30 PM

Well, liek chris101b said, welcome to teh Alice community, and Resizing objects is only possible thorough teh running program its self, oh adn since your new. Play my games, and tell me what you think, i have apoll on a thread called, All my games, and there is a link to all of them

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
dubastot

Default 12-28-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDPSmiley View Post
Hello-

I also wanted to know if some staircases and such could be added to the gallery for inside rooms in house (i.e. the farmhouse) or apartment building/ skyscrapers.

&^) JDPSmiley
For this, you can go to the environments tab and select the building inside you want. There are stairs you can just drag into the building inside. I am niot sure whether you should use the actual buildings because their insides aren't painted and they may not be hollow.

Old
MrMoke

Default 01-02-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris101b View Post
Hi,

For what you want to do, choose to resize top to bottom and the hills will get larger without actually increasing in size.
Chris- Cool idea.
I tried this on a person with interesting results due to the fact that the axes of many subparts have a tendency to point in different directions (taller skinnier persion with stubby fat arms). Creating a method with resizes to cancel out the distortions even fixes that problem.

Putting things in Rooms and Buildings
Old
JDPSmiley

Question Putting things in Rooms and Buildings - 01-04-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubastot View Post
For this, you can go to the environments tab and select the building inside you want. There are stairs you can just drag into the building inside. I am niot sure whether you should use the actual buildings because their insides aren't painted and they may not be hollow.

Dubastot-

Thanks for your input.
I have not personally found any staircases in the local gallery list under environments or any other category.

And, you know how when you run through a building from outside and you think it will have something inside? Well I just end up on the other side of the building after say, crashing through a window, or entering a doorway.

Do you just stack empty rooms on top of each other, then add an outside building structure on top of it?

Old
JDPSmiley

Smile 01-04-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris101b View Post
Hi,

First off, welcome to the Alice community!

Secondly, I know how to solve your problem.

Drag the "Resize" method into your main programing box. Then click more and you will find something that says dimensions. You can make your objects resize top to bottom, left to right, and front to back. You can experiment with each of these to get your desired effect.

Ok thank you!

Old
jediaction

Default 01-07-2010, 06:43 PM

You cant reize sutff unless in running game mode

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
dubastot

Default 01-07-2010, 08:04 PM

Here is an example (the doors aren't perfectly aligned and the room is aittle small):
Attached Files
File Type: a2w example world.a2w (642.4 KB, 9 views)

Tags
landscaping