Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Locate commands from the Events section
Old
FSavage

Question Locate commands from the Events section - 10-30-2009, 03:33 PM

I am working through chapter 4, which is using Events to control the world. I actually have 2 questions. In several of their examples they use commands such as "if/then" statements and "Wait" that are always available at the bottom of an open method, but do not appear when there are no methods open.

1) How do I locate these commands if I am not using a method call, but only a statement in the Event?

In one example, using the 'Concert' world, they use a Boolean property that they assigned to the object in an 'if/then' statement in an Event. One of the exercises requires doing the same thing to another object, however, when I try to drag the Boolean property to the event area, it will not allow me to drop it into the statement. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Old
xxledzeppelin2x3

Default 10-30-2009, 09:18 PM

what version of alice are you using first off? 2.0,2.2, or 3.0 ?? because we need to know that to help?

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-31-2009, 02:03 AM

Could you be a little more specific about your world? Do you mean that you tried to drag the variable itself onto the arguement of the if/else if statement (the part where it says if [...])? Or do you mean that you tried to drag the property onto something else, like the event trigger?

If you don't know what this means, you could also post your world and let us take a look at it.

(')>

Old
xxledzeppelin2x3

Default 10-31-2009, 10:23 AM

i should be able to answer your question if i understood it , because were on chapter 8 i think in my class, so please post the world!