Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Announcements > Community News and Announcements

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
gabe
Administrator
 
gabe's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 461
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Default 06-10-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceA View Post
I don't wish anyone to forget my original post.............
Where do I find the NetBeans plugin that allows me to edit Alice 3.0-Beta code?
The NetBeans plugin is now online. We have moved our Alice 3 beta downloads to Kenai. So for now, you can download from their host, which, if anything, should be faster and more stable than our server.

http://kenai.com/projects/alice/downloads

It works with NetBeans 6.5. For those of you with the newer 6.7 beta, we think it should work...it just hasn't been tested out. If someone can verify this, that would be great.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
lanceA
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default 06-11-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe View Post
The NetBeans plugin is now online. We have moved our Alice 3 beta downloads to Kenai. So for now, you can download from their host, which, if anything, should be faster and more stable than our server.

http://kenai.com/projects/alice/downloads

It works with NetBeans 6.5. For those of you with the newer 6.7 beta, we think it should work...it just hasn't been tested out. If someone can verify this, that would be great.
Thanks Gabe,
I'm using NetBeans 6.5.1 at the moment. Once I install and have a day or two to play with the plugin I will attempt to download 6.7 beta and test it.

Thanks again for the posting !!
   
Reply With Quote
Old
DrJim
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default 06-11-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceA View Post
Thanks again for the posting !!
Let me add my thanks - somewhat qualified by the fact I guess I'm going to have to start figuring out NetBeans.

But that qualification is really minor compared to the fact this lets Alice 3 really display and use its full potential!!!

Note: Just tried to download from the site and the only thing there right now is Alice 3 Beta.

Last edited by DrJim; 06-11-2009 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Added failure to find plugin.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
lanceA
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default 06-11-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJim View Post
Let me add my thanks - somewhat qualified by the fact I guess I'm going to have to start figuring out NetBeans.

But that qualification is really minor compared to the fact this lets Alice 3 really display and use its full potential!!!

Note: Just tried to download from the site and the only thing there right now is Alice 3 Beta.
Click on it Dr. Jim, and other downloads appear - including the plugin.

Gabe, I'm getting "Reference Problems" when opening an Alice Project in NetBeans. Are the only two jar files I need to add to my classpath JOGL.jar and GLUEGEN-RT.jar? I'm currently running Alice 3.0 from a C-drive and NetBeans from an F-drive. I've set up the proper paths to those two jar files.....I just need to know if I need to add additional classpaths to other jars? Thinks and sorry that I have to ask the question.
   
Reply With Quote
NetBeans JOGL Plugin
Old
Dennis Cosgrove
Alice Developer
 
Dennis Cosgrove's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Join Date: Jul 2005
Default NetBeans JOGL Plugin - 06-11-2009, 02:14 PM

In order to run Alice3 Java projects in NetBeans you will need to download and install the NetBeans JOGL Plugin.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
lanceA
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default 06-11-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Cosgrove View Post
In order to run Alice3 Java projects in NetBeans you will need to download and install the NetBeans JOGL Plugin.
Oh, ok and thank you. I will do it now.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
DrJim
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default 06-11-2009, 04:10 PM

Thanks All.

Got everything but NetBeans itself - which is tomorrow's download/installation project.

Of course then I'll have to figure out what to do with it - but glad to be in that position.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
lanceA
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default 06-11-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Cosgrove View Post
In order to run Alice3 Java projects in NetBeans you will need to download and install the NetBeans JOGL Plugin.
That was the ingredient needed!! IT WORKS!! Thank you!

I will keep you updated on my experiences.

Thanks again.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
lanceA
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default 06-11-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceA View Post
That was the ingredient needed!! IT WORKS!! Thank you!

I will keep you updated on my experiences.

Thanks again.
This is cool!!!!

If you do not teach you may not be able to appreciate it. If you do not know Java programming it might be a steep learning curve, but it is definitely cool!!!!!!!!!! GREAT job!!!!!

(It doesn't add anything to being able to create new Objects or importing Objects as far as I can see..............but I just started playing with it today. ) Tomorrow I will try to use Java's reserved word new on an object.

But then again, it's supposed to be a Teaching Tool, right?

However this release appears to add an entirely new dimension to teaching and being able to switch between environments. ( I will definitely begin to explore this more tomorrow.)

Just my 2

Last edited by lanceA; 06-11-2009 at 06:03 PM. Reason: normal typos
   
Reply With Quote
Alice 3.0 + NetBeans + Wiimote
Old
ttkrakus
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default Alice 3.0 + NetBeans + Wiimote - 06-12-2009, 10:42 AM

Well, this just got very interesting.

Try WiiuseJ...Have FUN!!

Find it in Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/wiiusej/

Last edited by ttkrakus; 06-12-2009 at 10:43 AM. Reason: forgot to add url
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Copyright ©2019, Carnegie Mellon University
Alice 2.x 1999-2012, Alice 3.x 2008-2012, Carnegie Mellon University. All rights reserved.