Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

I need help ASAP thanks for anyone who can
Old
losdog522

Default I need help ASAP thanks for anyone who can - 08-31-2011, 05:56 PM

I have added a recursion to replay the story scenario when asking the user if they would like to replay the story. Once you select yes the story replays but you can't see the characters correctly like you do when the program first start. Can someone give me some advice to what I am doing wrong because I have tried all I know and it is not working thanks. I have attached a copy of the file.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Group program.a2w (1.95 MB, 5 views)

Old
legolizard

Default 08-31-2011, 06:47 PM

This is because you don't reset everything you just replay the method. If the user enters yes then you should call a method the resets everthing back to its original location at the start of the program.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein

need help
Old
losdog522

Default need help - 09-13-2011, 09:48 AM

Reset everything? To reset do I go to properties in world? Confused on when you say reset.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 09-13-2011, 11:47 AM

No, he means you need to make everything that has moved from its original position at the start of the world move back to that original position to replay properly. I suggest just telling the user to click the button at the top of the window, as it resets the world for you.

Old
David B

Default 09-13-2011, 06:52 PM

When I need to reset a video, all I do it create a new method, put a "do together" in the method, and then put a piece of code for each object that returns it to the initial position. I then go through the list, and change the duration to "0 Seconds."