Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

New and need help
Old
lynnb

Default New and need help - 07-29-2009, 04:44 PM

I just downloaded and have started using Alice. I have gone through the tutorials but apparently I am missing something. When I try to create my own world, say the water world. I have added my beachterrian, then any object that I try to put on the beachterrian such as a chair or the lighthouse; that object does not "sit" on top of the beachterrian. What am I not setting correctly?

Old
Veryuhbull

Default 07-29-2009, 05:01 PM

Welcome to the wonderful world of Alice.
The problem you are having is due to the fact that the program does not realize when two objects are in the same space.

To specifically address your problem in the add objects menu you can find a botton (up and down arrows by a face) that let's you move your object in space where you want it to be.

Hope that helps.

Old
lynnb

Default 07-29-2009, 06:01 PM

Thank you. Yea I figured it out after I had post the question; thanks for responding though.

Old
Veryuhbull

Default 07-29-2009, 06:08 PM

Any time.

Old
lynnb

Default 07-29-2009, 08:52 PM

Thanks. I know I will have a ton of other questions. Like I tried to make a girl wave but instead her arm then hand came off; I don't know what I did wrong.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 07-30-2009, 12:44 AM

Depends on what movement you used. If you told the Arm to move right, the the hand to mive right, then they'll come off the body, since they'll be moving literally to the right in space. To turn something, you need to use turn or roll to the right.

(')>