Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Bugs and Troubleshooting

Opacity setting for objects not working in Mac OS X
Old
Sean

Default Opacity setting for objects not working in Mac OS X - 10-02-2007, 03:35 AM

Hi,

I've tried adding a range of objects to my world and adjusting their opacity, but something isn't quite working.

If I change opacity to 90, 80, 70 or 60, nothing seems to happen. If I change opacity to 50% or lower, the object becomes totally invisible. It's as if opacity has just two settings - visible and invisible.

Any idea if this is a bug or something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Sean.

Alice 2.0.4. Mac OS X 10.4.10, PowerBook G4 1.5GHz.

Old
marriott

Default 10-04-2007, 06:58 AM

I can confirm this bug (same versions of Alice and OS X).

Old
Sean

Default 10-04-2007, 10:39 AM

Hi Marriot. Are you noticing that the bounding boxes don't appear on Mac OS X? It's unrelated to this bug but I'm curious again if it's just me.

Same problems...
Old
Brian

Default Same problems... - 10-13-2007, 02:44 AM

I am having the same problems with the Linux version as well. Opacity only goes on/off and bounding boxes don't appear. Whatever they are using for the rendering must not be very portable.

EDIT: I just watched the promo video and noticed something a bit ironic: Everyone in the video is using Alice on an iMac.

Last edited by Brian; 10-13-2007 at 02:58 AM.

Old
Sean

Default 10-17-2007, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I am having the same problems with the Linux version as well. Opacity only goes on/off and bounding boxes don't appear. Whatever they are using for the rendering must not be very portable.

EDIT: I just watched the promo video and noticed something a bit ironic: Everyone in the video is using Alice on an iMac.
Heh heh, not the first time a Mac has shown up in a strange place.

Yeah, it'd be great if this issue was fixed since it makes it tricky to correctly orientate objects.

Mac OS - Bounding Box problem ... fixed yet?
Old
tneuhaus

Default Mac OS - Bounding Box problem ... fixed yet? - 07-16-2008, 01:36 AM

I see that Alice2.2_OSX addresses the issue I just posted, so I'm going to try it out.

<Original post: I've run into the same problem as others - the bounding box is not appearing - we're working with Mac OS 10.4.11 (and Alice 2.0.7, I believe). Any updated status on this yet?>

Last edited by tneuhaus; 07-16-2008 at 03:18 PM. Reason: I just noticed the beta release of Alice2.2

Old
butterfly

Default 09-13-2008, 06:04 PM

With the new beta version, I now have the bounding box, but the opacity still does not work.