Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Bugs and Troubleshooting

hard to see objects
Old
Star wars fan

Default hard to see objects - 09-21-2006, 06:22 PM

sometimes when I'm adding and moving objects when I'm trying to get 2 things together like 2 roads the roads or parts will sometimes disseaper and show the ground but when I move the camera some parts reapper and some disseaper.If there's a way I don't know how to but it would be helpful making it so objects wouldn't disseaper.

Old
lanceA

Default 09-21-2006, 08:52 PM

Try using Alice's Quad-View when postioning objects in your world.

When selecting objects look in the upper-right hand corner of the window and select Quad View. You can then position them in your window.

suggestion
Old
Mr Nemo

Default suggestion - 09-21-2006, 09:14 PM

I've found that if you raise an object like a road above the ground slightly, say .01 meter, it will help minimize the effect of the ground bleeding throught the road. Good luck!

Old
lanceA

Default 09-21-2006, 09:27 PM

Please understand the problem, Mr. Nemo, before offering help. His road is NOT bleeding, it's disappearing.

Thanks for helping.

!
Old
Mr Nemo

Default ! - 09-21-2006, 10:13 PM

I do UNDERSTAND the problem, BECAUSE I have EXPERIENCED it MYSELF. Also I would appreciate you refraining me from correcting me unless I am absolutely, completely, exactly DEAD-WRONG. The Alice Community is not just a help forum, it is also a socialization tool.

thanks
Old
Star wars fan

Default thanks - 09-22-2006, 02:21 PM

thanks for the advice because it takes awhile getting the camera just right so that I can see what I'm lining up. And not trying to take sides but nemo apparently does know what I mean because it worked

Last edited by Star wars fan; 09-22-2006 at 02:56 PM.