Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
bugs
Old
captain
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default bugs - 03-12-2010, 12:37 PM

when you rotate the cube, it rotates the opposite direction than you dragged.

when you press space, the cones become hit test visible, even when they are not showing.

although the flashing stickers when scrambling may be interesting to watch, it is not realistic. good for performance though.

the check for whether it is solved does not work.

as for scrambling, it is good. FACT: any standard rubiks cube can be solved in 26 moves. DEDUCTION: any standard rubiks cube can be scrambled to any possible combination in 26 moves. THEREFORE: twisting 80 times has so little chance of scrambling it more than 40 times that it is not worth the wait.

I must commend you. this is a good one.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
Veryuhbull
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default 03-12-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain View Post
when you rotate the cube, it rotates the opposite direction than you dragged.
I had someone tell me the opposite adn adjusted it to what it is now. I am done with this so you can change it if you want but i am done.

Quote:
when you press space, the cones become hit test visible, even when they are not showing.
That is true, yes. I didn't think i needed to add anything to ell yo and i am done with this project anyway.

Quote:
although the flashing stickers when scrambling may be interesting to watch, it is not realistic. good for performance though.
They only flash because of the speed they turn at. If you want to watch it you can change the varible 'shufflespeedboost' to .5 to watch it turn if that is so important to you.

Quote:
the check for whether it is solved does not work.
I checked and I guess the program works when the red side is facing you. Sorry about that. I simply have a 3d text say "the cube is currently solved" flashing slowly.

Quote:
as for scrambling, it is good. FACT: any standard rubiks cube can be solved in 26 moves. DEDUCTION: any standard rubiks cube can be scrambled to any possible combination in 26 moves. THEREFORE: twisting 80 times has so little chance of scrambling it more than 40 times that it is not worth the wait.
Good to know. If 6 seconds more is so bad download Niteshifter's

Quote:
I must commend you. this is a good one.
Thank you. I am officially done with this project. anyone else can improve on it if they want.
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cube, puzzle, rubik, rubik's, rubiks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Copyright ©2020, Carnegie Mellon University
Alice 2.x 1999-2012, Alice 3.x 2008-2012, Carnegie Mellon University. All rights reserved.