Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Helicopter Game
Old
dakota95

Default Helicopter Game - 02-17-2012, 07:59 PM

Here is a Helicopter Game I made for my little brother. Basically you just shoot the towers and gain money. Then when All of the towers have been blown up, a menu will pop up and you can upgrade your helicopter.

Caution: If you buy the speed multiplier upgrade, the buildings missile detection is a little wacky so you may have to shoot the buildings twice.

Arrow keys to move and turn
Space to shoot
Enter to respawn if you crash

And if you do not want to have to play it forever to unlock all the upgades just press Z and it will give you money each time you press it.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Helecopter Game.a2w (18.12 MB, 185 views)

Old
GameKid

Default 02-17-2012, 08:25 PM

It glitches like no tomorrow when I play it. Regular game-mean queen-regular game-mean queen-no tower detection-mean queen-big red plate blocks everything.

[COLOR=e4eaf2]Your text here[/COLOR]
Come on, you know you want to try it.

Old
dakota95

Default 02-17-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameKid View Post
It glitches like no tomorrow when I play it. Regular game-mean queen-regular game-mean queen-no tower detection-mean queen-big red plate blocks everything.
???

you must have a really slow computer. And if you press enter the plate goes away. And as for the collision, well it works perfectly on my computer.

Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 02-17-2012, 09:16 PM

No mean queens here. The collision is bad (It's way off), for some reason the missile flies at an angle so it goes under the ground at some point. Note that when the missile drops, that's because of gravity, It isn't turning towards the ground or anything.

The rotors don't spin fast enough. Of course in games that often looks stupid. If it really does look that stupid, then you ought to add a blur to the rotor to make it at least seem like it's fast.

I never noticed until now, but the textures for the castle towers are just terrible at a distance. Looks like spraypaint. Oh well.

Old
dakota95

Default 02-17-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kidnapper View Post
No mean queens here. The collision is bad (It's way off), for some reason the missile flies at an angle so it goes under the ground at some point. Note that when the missile drops, that's because of gravity, It isn't turning towards the ground or anything.

The rotors don't spin fast enough. Of course in games that often looks stupid. If it really does look that stupid, then you ought to add a blur to the rotor to make it at least seem like it's fast.

I never noticed until now, but the textures for the castle towers are just terrible at a distance. Looks like spraypaint. Oh well.
the collisions are terrible because it is a game made for my 3 year old brother. He has a hard enough time as it is. As for the textures, well you did those.. And the rotors, ya guess if I wanted to take the time I could fix it, but I don't care about them that much. And on my computer the missile stays above the ground the whole time.

Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 02-17-2012, 09:56 PM

I didn't really do the textures, I took them straight off the castle model from the warehouse which consistently provides generally badly made work.

Old
dakota95

Default 02-17-2012, 10:09 PM

oh. And really I think they look fine. Spray paint you say?. Not really. More like a bunch of bricks stacked on top of each other

Old
Homosapien23

Default 03-07-2012, 10:44 AM

The hardest part was listening to the music.

Old
dakota95

Default 03-07-2012, 12:37 PM

like I said, it is for my little brother. What music would you like?

<Insert_Signature_Here>

Old
Homosapien23

Default 03-13-2012, 01:17 PM

I'm fine with the music you have now, it makes the game harder