Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Confussion with the Learning to program with Alice book.
Old
roofy

Default Confussion with the Learning to program with Alice book. - 10-07-2006, 09:18 PM

Next Tuesday, the class that I am in will most likely be starting Chapter 5 in the book of "Learning to program with Alice". I thought I take a glance at it, but there is one flaw that I am confused with. The Book shows an example to drag the moveTo method onto the editor and from the pop-up menu, select a position. Then the book shows what the code should look like which is like so...

lightning move to homer 's position more...

however, when I do this, my code looks like this....

lightning move to homer

In addition, I tried dragging the object's position function on top of homer and it would not let me. So how come the book shows different from mine? In addition, the book also shows in the pop-up menu there is a choice to choose vector3(0, 0, 0) but on my pop-up menu it does not show that. Is the cd version from the book different then when they had printed the book?

Old
lanceA

Default 10-07-2006, 09:42 PM

The assignment you are refering to is Zues.

Your instructor should have provided you with the textbooks ERRATA SHEET http://www.aliceprogramming.net/text/errata.pdf

Good luck,

Last edited by lanceA; 10-07-2006 at 10:08 PM.

Old
roofy

Default 10-08-2006, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceA View Post
The assignment you are refering to is Zues.

Your instructor should have provided you with the textbooks ERRATA SHEET http://www.aliceprogramming.net/text/errata.pdf

Good luck,
That's a pitty that Alice discontinued using the world position. Having this feature would let user pick any point in world space.

Someone please correct if this is wrong!
Old
DrJim

Exclamation Someone please correct if this is wrong! - 10-08-2006, 11:12 AM

I believe that all they changed was not including the word "position" in the screen listings. The base coordinate system is still world position referenced to the world origin.