Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Make a complete file.
Old
Alice_user

Default Make a complete file. - 12-12-2006, 09:53 AM

Hello,
First I need to apologize for my bad english. I'm a swed you see.
Second I need to have a question answered.
I'm working with alice in a school project about global warming.
We have several "scenes", we do need to put them together. How do I make the alice save files to appear in windows movie maker or such programs?
So I need a program to convert the alice save files to files supported by windows moviemaker(avi for example). Or is there any function in alice who "completes" the scene file?

Thanks for fast answer(s).

/Mr. Brorson

One suggestion.
Old
DrJim

Arrow One suggestion. - 12-12-2006, 10:30 AM

Unfortunately, this isn't something Alice does easily - even just combining two files into one takes quite a bit of work You have to individually copy the methods (copy to the clipboard and then - without closing Alice - open a combined wold and copy the method into it). If a character isn't alrealy in the new world, you also have to manually add it to that world before the copy drop will work

For options going to a video format, see http://www.alice.org/community/showt...hp?p=27#post27. Also do a search of the forum for "video" or "movie". I've tried the screen recorder they recommend (BSR) and it works pretty well. The free version doesn't record sound but I've never found that Alice does that very well anyway. Windows Movie Maker seems adequate for combining clips and does a fine job of adding audio. I would recommend using the "export to best for your computer" option - that generally gives me a nice .wmv file.

If you find any better ways - please post them - alternately if you do try the path I outlined, would you also post the result. It's a shame to put all the work into a group project like yours and then not have a simple and proven path to get them in a form the public can view easily. Maybe if enough people try something like the above we can at least take care of the "proven" part.

Old
Alice_user

Default 12-12-2006, 10:51 AM

The link you provived is broken i suppose. Cant open it.

Broken Link
Old
DrJim

Question Broken Link - 12-12-2006, 04:26 PM

Try http://www.alice.org/community/showt...ighlight=video

It's the link to the whole thread.

The message referring to Bulent's Screen Recorder (BSR) is the one I was trying to link to.

Think there is a later link re Camtasia Studio but I couldn't find it with a quick search - personally haven't tried that.

If neither of these work for you - do a search of this forum for video. Several threads come up but their contents aren't real obvious from their titles.

Last edited by DrJim; 12-12-2006 at 04:30 PM.