Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Lower Sound???
Old
Doom

Default Lower Sound??? - 05-22-2009, 10:28 PM

HURRY! I need to know how to... Okay well, there is a sound loop in my world... and I want to know how to make the sound get quieter as I walk away, and get louder as I get closer. HURRY! I NEED TO KNOW ASAP! PLEASE HURRY!!! (Foams at the mouth and passes out)

Old
pingu

Default 05-23-2009, 01:32 PM

I'm afraid alice doesn't have very good sound tools. you could edit different versions of the sounds with different volumes and then set a proximity method to play each one. That's the simplest solution I can think of, sorry!
Pingu

Old
debussybunny563

Arrow 08-10-2010, 01:41 PM

Though it's of little use to you now (over a year later), I made an example for anyone else who might want to know.

You actually can change the volume of sounds in Alice.
After you make the object.playsound method, if you click on 'more' next to it, one of the drop-down choices is volumelevel, and from there you can change the volume (1, as usual, is the default level).

What I did was make a variable in the world.properties and titled it 'volume.'
Then, I made an event that constantly checked for the value of 'volume,' using a formula that would convert the camera's distance to the object into a volume level.
So, 'volume' would be set to "3 divided by (camera distance to object)"

Then, I had the object play the sound, clicked more, and set the volumelevel to world.volume. That way, the volume is always directly correlated to the distance to the object, and will become louder or softer accordingly.

Use the arrow keys to move.
Hope this helps anyone who might have problems!
Attached Files
File Type: a2w soundexample.a2w (627.9 KB, 4 views)