Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

need help with a variable in my game
Old
eyearby12

Default need help with a variable in my game - 12-02-2008, 10:24 AM

ok so i am making a game where it is a race game and when the car is off the track it spins and is back on the track. i made a variable with all the pieces to the track (road 1,2,3.....turn 1,2,3....) so my question is how can i make it in a function so it will be if car is atleast __meters away from (all the parts to the variable). please help, my games due tommorow

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-02-2008, 05:47 PM

To my knowledge, you can't, you can however make a bunch of separate distance checks for each part and set all durations to zero to decrease time taken in the video to do things (don't do too many, however, as it will cause sluggishness). You might be able to use a for all in order method to check each variable part (put them all in a list), but I've never tried it before so I'm not sure.

I'll give it a shot.

It works. Make a list of all objects the car needs to be close to, then make a function where, for all in order, the distance between the car and the item_from_list is checked (object is at least _ meters away from object, car as first object and parameter item_from_list as second object), and have it return true if the car is too far away.

Last edited by x2495iiii; 12-02-2008 at 05:56 PM.