Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

How do I make a person or vehical move on an un evan train?
Old
Someone

Default How do I make a person or vehical move on an un evan train? - 09-29-2011, 05:08 PM

I am tring to make vhicals and people move realisticly on an enlarged version of moonsurface?
the surface will also have rocks and other objects that the things should not pass through.

Old
room14

Default 09-30-2011, 12:02 AM

Firstly, please fix your spelling.
secondly, there aren't a way to do that just yet.

:D

Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 09-30-2011, 06:15 PM

Firstly, there is a way to do it... If you like repetitive work. Secondly, collision is expensive and doesn't even look that good in Alice. What you need to do is make a bunch of dummy objects, perhaps a plane or spheroid (Flat surface) that will act as your collision proxy. You also need to position these properly so that the "Move Away From" function works properly. The objects will move away from the collision proxy in the most efficient way possible.
Instead of Move Away From, you could, for cleaner effect, simply keep an object from moving if it is too close. make an if statement like this:
Event: While [W] is pressed
Begin: Do nothing
During: if object is less than .5 meter away from object
then do nothing
else move forward .5 meters
For uneven terrain, you will make a method that causes objects to move further either further up or down (And not both) as you travel closer to the center of the proxy from a specific direction, say front or back. This you have to be careful with. Since Alice has no legitimate collision, you have to design the uneven terrain around the collision proxy rather than the normal other way around. For example, the farthest you may get is creating a perfectly straight flight of stairs, or a long trapezoid. \______/

Thirdly: You know what this means? Collision is a gimmick (in Alice.) Just like flying in MMORPGs.

Old
room14

Default 10-01-2011, 04:23 AM

Realistically he said.

:D

Old
Someone

Default 10-01-2011, 10:21 AM

i think i know another way that might work, i am going to try it out.

Tags
unevan terain