Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

Need help on this work-in progress game
Old
chaoslemon

Default Need help on this work-in progress game - 11-20-2010, 02:41 PM

This game that I am currently making is a vertical shooter (like raiden, touhou, etc.) Everything seems to be going well despite some lag issues with the shots, but the main concern I have is that there is no way I can make it so as soon as either the player's health or the enemy's health reaches 0 something happens. I tried making it so the camera moves off-screen because I can't seem to stop everything in it's place as soon as the either of the values reach 0. From that I decided to make the camera move away from screen so that they would still be moving, but the values don't change and they're off-screen from what the player sees. If anyone knows what the problem is please help. I have attached the file (ignore the story line haha).

Edit: I should mention the camera moves 30 meters up when you win, or 30 meters down when you lose. I think I'm just going to say "click the reset button to try again" without having to reset values via function and dummies. I haven't gotten the win or lose screens made yet but I will as soon as I get the camera to move as SOON as either value is 0.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Calvin space shooter.a2w (1.25 MB, 18 views)

Last edited by chaoslemon; 11-20-2010 at 02:55 PM.

Not sure if this helps
Old
zero00

Default Not sure if this helps - 04-10-2011, 03:32 PM

I like making shooter games too.
I modified your program a little. See if this helps
Attached Files
File Type: a2w calvin_II.a2w (1.14 MB, 3 views)

Old
zero00

Default 04-11-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoslemon View Post
Edit: I should mention the camera moves 30 meters up when you win, or 30 meters down when you lose. I think I'm just going to say "click the reset button to try again" without having to reset values via function and dummies. I haven't gotten the win or lose screens made yet but I will as soon as I get the camera to move as SOON as either value is 0.
Oh, I see now. What about a event that says....

//While player isnt dead

while (playerHealth > 0){
enemy attack Sequence
}

//This part assumes the player has died
world Restart?

The restart method sends everything back to their original positions and starts the game again.

after that, when the player dies,