Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
David B
Senior Member
 
David B's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,145
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N/A
Default 11-20-2011, 04:08 PM

Nice!!!
   
Reply With Quote
AODb Preview
Old
arty-fishL
Senior Member
 
arty-fishL's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,878
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the corner of your eye
Arrow AODb Preview - 11-21-2011, 04:11 PM

You can now preview the AODb at artyfl.tk/aodb.

This is the URL it will have when it is fully launched.

Basically I wanted to show my progress, so I posted a massively toned down version at that URL. It only has the stuff that works well, the rest I have removed.

Still, I think its better than the one everybody had access to up until now.


█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [-]
   
Reply With Quote
Old
Dj Tech42
Senior Member
 
Dj Tech42's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 203
Join Date: Feb 2011
Default 11-21-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arty-fishL View Post
You can now preview the AODb at artyfl.tk/aodb.

This is the URL it will have when it is fully launched.

Basically I wanted to show my progress, so I posted a massively toned down version at that URL. It only has the stuff that works well, the rest I have removed.

Still, I think its better than the one everybody had access to up until now.
This is really awesome and it just keeps getting better! Nice job Arty!


Flight Simulator with Dogfight Modes:
http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6840
   
Reply With Quote
Old
arty-fishL
Senior Member
 
arty-fishL's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,878
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the corner of your eye
Default 11-21-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Tech42 View Post
This is really awesome and it just keeps getting better! Nice job Arty!
Thanks, I appreciate it.

The site doesn't yet work properly in IE, but it works fine in Firefox and Chrome (the real internet browsers).


█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [-]
   
Reply With Quote
More work - BB Code
Old
arty-fishL
Senior Member
 
arty-fishL's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,878
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the corner of your eye
Default More work - BB Code - 02-04-2012, 06:45 AM

OK, I broke the objects section when adding the Save Tool to the AODb. I used full BB code in its description and controls (copypasted from the save tool's thread) and it brought out bugs in my BB code parser.

I fixed it though, I also decided to improve the expanded description page and the BB Code parser.

How's this for BB Code parsing?
AODb - Save Tool description
Alice Community - Save Tool thread
Please compare and comment. There is still an issue with double line spacing where it should be single line, but apart from that.

Remember, this is a custom built BB Code parser, I did not use anybody else's code. It was hard getting the order of the code right, but I think I've done it.


█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [-]
   
Reply With Quote
Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator
 
x2495iiii's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,508
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Continental U.S.
Default 02-04-2012, 10:21 AM

That's excellent!

The default font size seems a bit small, though.


(')>
   
Reply With Quote
Old
arty-fishL
Senior Member
 
arty-fishL's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,878
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the corner of your eye
Default 02-04-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
That's excellent!
Yay

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
The default font size seems a bit small, though.
It does? I set it to the standard default. It might be because I copypasted straight from the thread, which had size formatting applied.

This one will show the default font: http://arty-fishl.heliohost.org/aodb...do=desc%281%29, is that any better?


█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [-]
   
Reply With Quote
Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator
 
x2495iiii's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,508
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Continental U.S.
Default 02-04-2012, 12:17 PM

Much better.


(')>
   
Reply With Quote
Old
arty-fishL
Senior Member
 
arty-fishL's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,878
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the corner of your eye
Default 02-21-2012, 06:59 PM

Not really been working on this recently. I've been working on Addons (almost ready for beta).

One thing I'm wondering though, but before I ask I just want to state:
I AM NOT ADVERTISING ON THIS POST, I'm just asking about my ads.

I've realised I am in need of greater resources for my projects, so I am rolling out ads across my various services, including AODb. I don't want intrusive ads though, so I was curious to see if anybody has any upright complaints about the style I'm going for.

Here is my home page, I've added just two ads, but I think I might add a discreet ad bar down the left hand whitespace (if your screen is large enough to have whitespace there):
http://artyfl.tk/aodb

Anyway, if anybody has any complaints about it please go mental now, otherwise I hope I'm not causing too much inconvenience.


█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [-]
   
Reply With Quote
Old
DensetsuNoKaboom
Senior Member
 
DensetsuNoKaboom's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,188
Join Date: May 2010
Location: e4eaf2
Default 02-21-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arty-fishL View Post
Not really been working on this recently. I've been working on Addons (almost ready for beta).

One thing I'm wondering though, but before I ask I just want to state:
I AM NOT ADVERTISING ON THIS POST, I'm just asking about my ads.

I've realised I am in need of greater resources for my projects, so I am rolling out ads across my various services, including AODb. I don't want intrusive ads though, so I was curious to see if anybody has any upright complaints about the style I'm going for.

Here is my home page, I've added just two ads, but I think I might add a discreet ad bar down the left hand whitespace (if your screen is large enough to have whitespace there):
http://artyfl.tk/aodb

Anyway, if anybody has any complaints about it please go mental now, otherwise I hope I'm not causing too much inconvenience.
Adblock FTW


Thank you for taking the time to read this signature. This signature loves you.
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aodb, dev, update

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Copyright ©2020, Carnegie Mellon University
Alice 2.x 1999-2012, Alice 3.x 2008-2012, Carnegie Mellon University. All rights reserved.