Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

How Do I get a sphere to roll down a hill?
Old
sorenkahl

Default How Do I get a sphere to roll down a hill? - 12-11-2014, 03:10 PM

I'm doing a final for a Game Simulation class and I can't seem to figure out how to get a ball to roll correctly down a hill. When I combine sphere move and sphere roll in a roll method it won't go down the hill towards the shack. I've turned the sphere and changed the way it moves but no go. Any advice on how to do this correctly?

Thanks
-sorenkahl
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Kahl_Final.a2w (8.92 MB, 1 views)

Here You Go!
Old
AliceAndConnor

Default Here You Go! - 12-11-2014, 08:56 PM

Hi sorenkahl! Good question! Thank you for uploading your world, and I have now changed it so now the ball will role down the hill, and have a rolling animation!
What I did was change the rolling method to where I altered the 'do together' code slightly, making the sphere move down 3.5 meters, belong side moving backward. This made it gently go down the hill, but doing so I still needed to incorporate the rolling animation as you had made earlier (to make it look realistic). So then I created a copy of that sphere, which would vehicle the sphere that's actually moving, set the original sphere to 0% opacity, and made the new sphere have a roll animation in the roll method still.

And that's what I did! You can download it below and it's ready to go! Bye!
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Kahl_Final New.a2w (8.93 MB, 0 views)

Connor + Alice Forever! (-:

Have a nice day!

Also, I've been gone for a really long time, more than I can even remember and am now going to be way more active! :-D

Sorry...
Old
AliceAndConnor

Default Sorry... - 12-11-2014, 11:13 PM

Woops, sorry about that! I've made it so that the ball won't roll down to the shack, but to the left. Here's an updated version where it rolls to the shack!

Hoped this helped, bye!
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Kahl_Final New.a2w (8.93 MB, 8 views)

Connor + Alice Forever! (-:

Have a nice day!

Also, I've been gone for a really long time, more than I can even remember and am now going to be way more active! :-D