Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

View Poll Results: What do you think of Halo 2?
Way better than the the first game! Excellent! 15 39.47%
Highly recommended! Great game! 7 18.42%
Great game overall 6 15.79%
Well done, but some things could be improved 5 13.16%
It had its moments, but nothing jaw dropping 5 13.16%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old
jediaction

Default 06-19-2011, 07:38 AM

Nope, he still is not connected. The subparts are labled, but I can't move them correctly and there are only nmaes for 6 or 7 subparts, the rest are invisible in the list

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
arty-fishL

Arrow 06-19-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
Nope, he still is not connected. The subparts are labled, but I can't move them correctly and there are only nmaes for 6 or 7 subparts, the rest are invisible in the list
I'm confused. Did you actually read my post properly? The parts are connected. They aren't visible in the object tree, but they are visible everywhere else (look at my post, I said that).

If you have scripting enabled then copy and paste all of the code below into the text input bar above the world viewer (next to the object tree) , click on masterchief in the object tree and hit "Go". It will allow you to select any direct subpart of the selected item. Ignore the error that pops up (just click OK).
Code:
childnames = map(edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.Element.getRepr, edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.authoringtool.AuthoringTool.getHack().getSelectedElement().getChildren() ); panel = javax.swing.JPanel(); dropBox = javax.swing.JComboBox(childnames); panel.add(dropBox); result = javax.swing.JOptionPane.showOptionDialog(None, panel, "Select subpart", 1, -1, None, ["ok"], "close"); edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.authoringtool.AuthoringTool.getHack().setSelectedElement( edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.authoringtool.AuthoringTool.getHack().getSelectedElement().getChildNamed( dropBox.getSelectedItem() ) );
selectSubpartCode.jpg

█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [-]

Last edited by arty-fishL; 06-19-2011 at 10:31 AM.

Old
jediaction

Default 06-19-2011, 01:00 PM

I need positioning. Not movements in programming. I need subparts movable in the edittor.

Old
legolizard

Default 06-19-2011, 01:21 PM

Jediaction they are connected. See you can not use the affect sub-parts button. Look at the video in the zip file it will show you exactly how to move the sub-parts. Turn down your volume before you play the video my computers fan just kicked on when I started recording.

Mr.Kidnapper the model looks awesome. I'm just not that good at 3d modeling.
Attached Files
File Type: zip moveSubparts.zip (11.64 MB, 9 views)

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein

Old
jediaction

Default 06-19-2011, 05:31 PM

I feel stupid. You say it works but it does not for me. I am watching the video..hold on.

Ok, I watched it and I never got that. I will try again, I really hope this works. Btw, the model is the best I have seen in a whlie. I will rate the model now.

Because Gloo looks like a pain in the ass.
Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default Because Gloo looks like a pain in the ass. - 06-21-2011, 04:02 PM

The model is complete. Textures have been provided—or rather the Color Scheme of the textures. For convenience, I have made custom texturing impossible, however you can change the color scheme of the model if you aren't satisfied with the standard green and gray.
I suppose offering them in the .ZIP would be unnecessary though since a dedicated person could just take them directly from the .a2c file.
As always, the 3ds Max file is provided—in the ZIP this time.
This time it has already been customized to be added to the gallery.
Model Statistics:
Parts: 51
Polys: 8,578
Verts: 4,976
High Poly Model
Alice Compatible Object
Can run on a Shit School Computer (probably slowly)

-There are two visors. One is a more smoothed "Cinematic Visor" called Full Visor, which obviously, is designed to look smoother than the original. This is for the outside look.
-Visor 2 is the original visor that came with the model. It could not be smoothed as nicely as the Full Visor, and is made to not show by default. I recommend you only use this when looking from inside of the helmet.
-Yes, you can look from inside of the helmet. I figured this would be a necessity for some people, so I did it at the cost of ~2000 polys, including the visors.
-Technically you could originally look inside of any part of the object, but I found this rather bloating and unnecessary and it actually gave me a hard time so I time consumingly got rid of it. The file size was cut in half.
-I also fixed the paint job a bit. See, the green from the armor was actually leaking onto some parts of the skin from a shoddy detail job.
-Even though I said you could look from inside of the helmet, it would probably look nicer to ghetto it and use .PNG billboards instead of the model itself.
-This is what I mean. You have no idea how hard that was to do. The inside of the helmet is also fairly dark so you have to add a directional light to get this effect. Huh. Playing with light color is fun from in here~ Especially red when you get attacked.
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7201/capture02q.png
(It's a big image, so link instead. It's the view from inside the helmet.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Master Chief.zip (1.16 MB, 13 views)

Last edited by Mr Kidnapper; 06-21-2011 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Added picture of inside helmet view.

Old
jediaction

Default 06-21-2011, 04:40 PM

Alright, this is very impressive. Thank you very much. I am testing the model now...

2 minutse later...I tested it. It works perfectly! I am super duper impressed and am rating the model now! This is a perfect model. It has great sub parts! Thank you so much. Your name will be special plated!

Old
jediaction

Default 06-21-2011, 04:50 PM

Model Review...

Feedback...

Master Chief Model

Pros:

Perfect Subparts
Full color

Cons:

Polygon count is very high

Overall

100/100 by Chrome Games

The model is amazing and I give it a 100 out of 100. That is not because I like Halo. The model has perfect subparts and offers so much. It can be used in so many ways and it has no errors. All the color works great and the polygon count is pretty high. Having the polygon count so high might be an issue for big games, but it won't be for most games, that is why that will not change the score. I hope to see more models looking this good.

Old
arty-fishL

Thumbs up 06-21-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kidnapper View Post
Because Gloo looks like a pain in the ass.
That's why I don't want to release it until it works. I'm trying so hard to find the source of the problems , but Alice is stupid as usual.

About the model: Not downloaded it yet, but already it looks amazing, well done. You really know what you are doing as well.

█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [-]

Old
legolizard

Default 06-21-2011, 05:01 PM

Great model Mr.Kidnapper.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein