Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > sfunk

Conversation Between sfunk and greentrees24
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. greentrees24
    09-02-2012 06:04 PM
    greentrees24
    I tried using an if/then statement for a collision method with the baseball and and a specific enemy (mummy). I put this into (while the world is running) event into the during option. I plan to use this method for all the different enemies.

infinite loop
    if ((baseball) is within (1meter) of (mummy)
    do (world.mummydeath)

this method has not worked work in my world. PLEASE HELP!
  2. greentrees24
    09-02-2012 06:04 PM
    greentrees24
    I have a question about my game. In the game you control a cowboy with the arrowkeys and the camera with the wasd keys. You can shoot a baseball out of the rifle that the cowboy is holding by typing E. The baseball moves foward 100 meters (0.0001 seconds) and then moves backward 100 meters (0.0001 seconds) into the barrel of the rifle. There are a few enemies (mummy, anubis, ranger, samurai) that have a health counter. I have tried to use the shooting mechanism to lower the health of the enemies instead of just clicking on them with the mouse. the enemies have a chase method where they follow the cowboy if he is within a certain distance. This method actually works though. The collision method with the baseball and the enemies isnt working. If you could help in any way that would be great!

Copyright ©2024, Carnegie Mellon University
Alice 2.x © 1999-2012, Alice 3.x © 2008-2012, Carnegie Mellon University. All rights reserved.