There, its up - http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=37453
  2. TauTrumpsPi
    06-13-2011 08:39 PM
    TauTrumpsPi
    Alright, thanks.
  3. arty-fishL
    06-13-2011 05:48 PM
    arty-fishL
    Never really worked on it yesterday. Worked a lot on it today. Just some finishing touches, I really want to ensure it works to its full potential. Should be done tomorrow.
  4. TauTrumpsPi
    06-13-2011 01:05 PM
    TauTrumpsPi
    Arty-I hate to rush you, but could you get it today? I feel like I'm being rude, but please?
  5. arty-fishL
    06-10-2011 07:01 PM
    arty-fishL
    OK. I will do multiple options. So loading of all document or a set line to a string variable, you can then print from that or set 3D text from that. I can do saving all, a set line, from a set index or appending to the end. I will also include some file management tools; eg new folder, delete file, rename file etc.

Because I'm doing a lot it wont be ready in a hurry, but it shouldn't take too long. I've already created a really useful class for file management, i've just got to expand and re-implement stuff.
  6. TauTrumpsPi
    06-10-2011 11:13 AM
    TauTrumpsPi
    Awesome, that sounds great. Txt files are fine. What I wanted is something that would be like "3d text set text to (line x from document)" or "Print line x from document" etc. Also being able to have a variable set value to the line, and if possible editing the text document through the Alice program, like "Set line x to "Hello"" and even if you close Alice the text document will still stay as Hello. Thanks!
  7. arty-fishL
    06-09-2011 03:54 PM
    arty-fishL
    Oh yeh, sure. I forgot about it and I've been busy, but I can do it tomorrow.

What specifically do you want? Reading lines one by one, reading all lines into a list, reading everything into a string variable, saving strings, saving variables? What?

I don't think I can read word files due to their format, but plain text files (ie txt files) are fine.
  8. TauTrumpsPi
    06-09-2011 11:19 AM
    TauTrumpsPi
    Any way you could get on the text document thing, Arty?
  9. arty-fishL
    06-02-2011 06:11 PM
    arty-fishL
    That's easy. I will, not yet though, I've got to make something for 1000 posts (I had nothing prepared).
  10. TauTrumpsPi
    06-01-2011 05:29 PM
    TauTrumpsPi
    Arty- Is there anyway you could make a script that would allow Alice to read lines off of text documents (Any type, preferably word or notebook) and maybe even receive scripts from specific lines?

Copyright ©2024, Carnegie Mellon University
Alice 2.x © 1999-2012, Alice 3.x © 2008-2012, Carnegie Mellon University. All rights reserved.