Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Contests (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Best Animation Unofficial Contest Hosted By David B. (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=5832)

David B 02-27-2011 06:54 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;31444]ok and happy Birthday[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

reuben2011 02-28-2011 11:59 AM

However, by quoting all of the messages that were deleted, you just piled all the "clutter" into one giant pile within a quote. It still takes up a lot of space.

jediaction 02-28-2011 01:38 PM

who?

David B 02-28-2011 06:12 PM

[QUOTE=reuben2011;31468]However, by quoting all of the messages that were deleted, you just piled all the "clutter" into one giant pile within a quote. It still takes up a lot of space.[/QUOTE]

I understand your logic, but after removing those posts, an entire page was removed, and it never came back after I made that post.

reuben2011 02-28-2011 06:18 PM

[QUOTE=David B;31484]I understand your logic, but after removing those posts, an entire page was removed, and it never came back after I made that post.[/QUOTE]

By "clutter" do you mean number of posts or the actual amount of content? Because each page will always contain exactly 10 posts (by default), regardless of the amount of content in those posts. For example, if the first page has 9 posts and I post the entire content of "The Holy Bible", then all the posts will still be on one page.

David B 02-28-2011 06:23 PM

[QUOTE=reuben2011;31486]By "clutter" do you mean number of posts or the actual amount of content? Because each page will always contain exactly 10 posts (by default), regardless of the amount of content in those posts. For example, if the first page has 9 posts and I post the entire content of "The Holy Bible", then all the posts will still be on one page.[/QUOTE]

I meant posts that I made to encourage people to participate. Now that the competition has technically ended, these posts serve no purpose, although, as I said in an earlier post, you can still submit until I say so.

David B 02-28-2011 06:57 PM

Submissions no longer accepted!

[CENTER][COLOR="Red"][B]As I had mentioned, I would eventually make this post, and the time has come. I will no longer accept submissions for this contest. It appears as though nobody took advantage of the little extra time I provided. Stay tuned to this thread for details on the winner of the contest. I will provide updates on the reviewing process here in this thread, and in my signature. So...what happens if you win? If you win, you will have your name placed in my signature for some time, but I will eventually remove it. Also, I am not sure yet what prizes I plan to give to the winners, but when I know, I will do so. The winning avatar design will have their avatar edited by me to have a little ribbon on it to show they won. The submissions will be reviewed by me, but I probably will allow all of you to have a little say in who wins also. I have no set date on which I will announce the winners, but when I do announce the winners, you will hear about it in this thread, and my signature will also have a little message about it. Thank you to all who entered! Also, if you entered in the contest, and have private messaging disabled, you may want to enable it so that way I can inform you of your success if you win.[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

David B 02-28-2011 07:12 PM

Review update!

[COLOR="Red"][B]I have downloaded the projects, and I am reviewing them.

Note To DOOM: Your link to the Ballz And Blockz Tutorial is broken, but if you post a new link, I will look at it. Until then, I can't review your submission.[/B][/COLOR]

reuben2011 02-28-2011 08:21 PM

Just to let you know, for my "Escape the Kitchen" entry, the version that I posted does not work for everybody (it causes Alice to say that an error has occured.) If the version of the game that I posted does not work for you, I will be happy to send you another slightly modified version (one which fewer people incurred errors.)

P.S. (If you get an error, it will probably be when you do something with the safe with the password lock.)

David B 03-01-2011 06:44 PM

[QUOTE=reuben2011;31500]Just to let you know, for my "Escape the Kitchen" entry, the version that I posted does not work for everybody (it causes Alice to say that an error has occured.) If the version of the game that I posted does not work for you, I will be happy to send you another slightly modified version (one which fewer people incurred errors.)

P.S. (If you get an error, it will probably be when you do something with the safe with the password lock.)[/QUOTE]

Okay. Thanks for the warning.