Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Contests (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Best Animation Unofficial Contest Hosted By David B. (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=5832)

David B 03-01-2011 09:03 PM

No more submissions for the avatar contest will be accepted!

[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Effective as soon as this post is published, I will not count any new new posts towards the best avatar contest, I am currently reviewing all avatars, and plan to release the winner's username later on.[/COLOR][/B]

David B 03-01-2011 09:11 PM

Top Four Avatars!

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=David B;31518][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Effective as soon as this post is published, I will not count any new new posts towards the best avatar contest, I am currently reviewing all avatars, and plan to release the winner's username later on.[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Out of the entire group of people that posted in this thread, I have picked out the top four avatars. One of these four avatars is certain to win. The selected avatars are from:

1.) Arty-FishL
2.) Doom
3.) jediaction
4.) reuben2011

To see the top four avatars, you can download the attached file, or you can jump around in this post and find them. I will review these avatars with great detail, and the one that stands out the most will win. These usernames will be posted in my signature until I choose a final winner. Good luck to all of you who made it into the top four! I wish all of you the best of luck![/COLOR][/B]

David B 03-01-2011 09:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Okay, we are down to two avatars. One will win. The selected avatars are:

1.) Arty-FishL
2.) jediaction

Stay tuned for more details!!!!![/COLOR][/B]

David B 03-01-2011 10:12 PM

Best Avatar Winner Selected!

[CENTER][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]I have selected the avatar winner, but to keep you in suspension, I am keep the winner a secret until tomorrow! Keep your fingers crossed![/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

reuben2011 03-02-2011 12:17 PM

At least I was a semi-finalist. :p

jediaction 03-02-2011 02:51 PM

Avatars? Cool, so about the animation. Who won that?

David B 03-02-2011 04:48 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;31541]Avatars? Cool, so about the animation. Who won that?[/QUOTE]

Since the avatars take less time, I am doing them first. Even I don't know who won the animation contest.

David B 03-02-2011 06:32 PM

And The Winner Of The Best Avatar Contest Is ...

2 Attachment(s)
[center][b][color="darkred"]The winner of the Best Avatar Contest, hosted by David B on the Alice Community Forums is ... Arty-FishL! I know I said there would be one winner, but I liked jediaction's avatar as well, and I hated to turn him down, so he has won second place! Perhaps the reason why Arty's avatar stood out to me was because of the fact that he had a detailed version saved, whereas jediaction didn't. To be honest, I like all of the avatars I see on the forums, but these were the two very best that posted in this thread. If you are reading this, and your username is Arty-FishL or jediaction, please read on. Below I have taken both of your avatars, and added ribbons to them. I would very much like it if you change your avatar to have the ribbon on it! Congratulations to both of you! You both deserved it! As for those of you that didn't win, I am sorry, but if you uploaded an animation, you may still get lucky! I hope those of you that participated in the avatar contest didn't think my judgement was unfair. I will probably run this contest again later, but for now, this is it! Stay tuned to learn more about the winners of the contest! I will update this thread daily with new information about who is winning! Chances are, I will go through a process of elimination, and I will post which one has been eliminated. This process will continue until I have two left, and I will select the winner. Please note that this is only an option I have, and I may not do this. Another option available to me is to allow you (the entire Alice Community) to participate in voting, although I have found that this way isn't exactly the most effective. Either way, one thing is certain, and that is that I will divide animations and games it two seperate contest, so there will be two winners.[/color][/b][/center]

jediaction 03-02-2011 09:39 PM

Yeah. Second? Darn. Well, I didnt even notice I entered and I didnt think my Avatar was that great. I just wanted something that someone could recognize me and my name by looking at my picture. I will change it soon. Yah, I dont look like the guy in the picture, and no one here knows what I look like so [B]Star Killer[/B] is the best guess. Hahaha!

David B 03-03-2011 06:31 AM

[QUOTE=jediaction;31569]Yeah. Second? Darn. Well, I didnt even notice I entered and I didnt think my Avatar was that great. I just wanted something that someone could recognize me and my name by looking at my picture. I will change it soon. Yah, I dont look like the guy in the picture, and no one here knows what I look like so [B]Star Killer[/B] is the best guess. Hahaha![/QUOTE]

I thought your avatar looked pretty cool, and I felt guilty not including you as a winner. Good job!

P.S.: I like your avatar. Please don't change it too soon.