Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Share Objects (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Alice's First Flamethrower! (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7571)

zero00 11-14-2011 12:05 AM

Alice's First Flamethrower!

2 Attachment(s)
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="PaleTurquoise"](or at least I think so)[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Using my Bullet-shooty-object and an ancient explosion effect I created, I have created what I think is the first (2D) flamethrower in Alice!

I used a bunch of squares as bullets, and made the explosion effect "explode" the squares, producing a fire-like effect!

Enjoy! :D

===========Edit===========
Here's a fun thing you can do with the flamethrower!

1. Go into the Playerbulletshooter.Setup and look for a bunch of method that say
"Shot# move forward 0 * multi". Change them all to go backward.

2. Roll the PlayerBulletShooter by 0.5 revolutions.

3. (optional) Make the grayJumpJet NotShowing

4. Make a "while" event and put a PlayerBulletShooter.shoot in the "during" area.

Congratulations! Depending on whether you followed 3 or not, your ship is either:
-Heavily damaged and has caught fire!
or
-replaced with a flying fireball!
==========================

===========Edit 2===========
If you go in the PlayerBulletShooter.Setup method, change the color variable in it!
-Yellow = More Vibrant Fire
-Black = Smoke
-Green = Strange Toxic Gas
-Cyan = More Vibrant Strange Toxic Gas?
==========================

(This weapon was inspired by the Fire Blaster from [I]Gradius V[/I])
(Also, that picture below doesn't do it justice :p)

Mr Kidnapper 11-14-2011 01:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I believe xxxx made a flamethrower on that one tank game of his a long time ago. He also made a rocket punch. Also, I did the same thing in reverse when I made a vapor trail for missiles.
Edit: Posted class assignment from back in the day. The trail itself is pretty suckish. I couldn't get a nice stream out of it.

dakota95 11-14-2011 11:29 AM

how do you make the water so realistic?

jediaction 11-14-2011 12:33 PM

Realistic? Hmm, He just added I think two water planes. One just moves really really fast, and the other is underneath moving a little bit slower, but the top one is a bit transparent. Is that correct Zero?

zero00 11-14-2011 02:29 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;43454]Realistic? Hmm, He just added I think two water planes. One just moves really really fast, and the other is underneath moving a little bit slower, but the top one is a bit transparent. Is that correct Zero?[/QUOTE]
Not quite. It is two water planes, but they simply move across the screen in an infinite loop. No transparency involved. (The Sky works the same way)

x2495iiii 11-14-2011 02:33 PM

I did do a flamethrower in SB.

Twice, actually.

Pretty much the same thing you did.

dakota95 11-17-2011 12:35 PM

[QUOTE=zero00;43460]Not quite. It is two water planes, but they simply move across the screen in an infinite loop. No transparency involved. (The Sky works the same way)[/QUOTE]

thanx

jediaction 11-17-2011 01:37 PM

[QUOTE=zero00;43460]Not quite. It is two water planes, but they simply move across the screen in an infinite loop. No transparency involved. (The Sky works the same way)[/QUOTE]

Hmm, that was my next choice....lol. Anyway, thanks