Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   assignment 6 (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=11445)

btolor 03-15-2016 04:19 PM

assignment 6

OMG :confused: I'm not sure where to even begin on this assignment, can anyone offer any help. this is the bottles of pop song assignment.

chickentree 03-18-2016 01:44 PM

Looking at a blank page.

You are experiencing what, I believe, is called the blank page syndrome. This is a very difficult situation to overcome as it requires a person to think creativily and I have found that people will in general fight this with an amazing amount of energy.
Even though I don't know the requirements for your project I do have the following suggestions.[LIST=1][*]Open Alice and do somehing! Anything no matterr how irrealivant will get you started.[*]Break the problem down. Do you need a loop? if so what type?[*]Go back to the book, what was it talking about at this point in your course?[*]If you are not sure how something works, use print statements to see how things are changing[*]I am guessing you need to make a string that changes as the program runs so look at the.string functions under world functions.[*]find out how to change the text in a 3D text objec.[*]Put it all together.[*]If you find you have been sitting there for five minutes and still have no idea what to do next, DO SOMETHING![/LIST]Hope this helps get you going
Mark

btolor 03-22-2016 04:06 AM

:p Finally...... i was able to finish my assignment 6 pop bottle song. Although I found a way to complete it, I'm not sure if i did it the way the instructor wanted it done. I think he wanted me to use a while loop but i just ended up using a [B]loop[/B], and think was suppose to create a variable to count the number of times it loop, instead i just set my number of loop to the correct value. My end result was the full bottles of pop song(99 to 0).

I also wanna thank Mark aka[B](chickentree)[/B] for the pep-talk. Just doing random stuff in Alice helped me get focus on what I needed to do.

chickentree 03-22-2016 07:06 PM

[QUOTE=btolor;57096]:p Finally...... i was able to finish my assignment 6 pop bottle song. Although I found a way to complete it, I'm not sure if i did it the way the instructor wanted it done. I think he wanted me to use a while loop but i just ended up using a [B]loop[/B], and think was suppose to create a variable to count the number of times it loop, instead i just set my number of loop to the correct value. My end result was the full bottles of pop song(99 to 0).

I also wanna thank Mark aka[B](chickentree)[/B] for the pep-talk. Just doing random stuff in Alice helped me get focus on what I needed to do.[/QUOTE]

Glad I could help